Lazy?

Guest supreme_presence

Guest supreme_presence

Ok my water params are

ph 7.8

ammonia 0

Nitrite 0.1

Nitrate 20

I have a white butterfly telescope, and a calico telescope. They swim around fine, look healthy, eat healthy, no markings, red patches, bugs or any other visible illness on them.

However.. I have a small plant in the tank.. I dont know what it's called but it is short with rather wide leaves. My Calico telescope seems to spend a lot of time kinda wrapped in a leaf with his boyancy holding him against its underside. He looks really relaxed and he just 'sits' there not moving, with his eyes just looking around outside the tank. My White butterfly telescope spends all his time actually sitting 'on' the plant next to the other fish so their heads are near touching. Again he's motionless and just looks really chilled and relaxed.

When I walk in and look at them up close, they then both get up and start swimming as normal as if I disturbed their nap or something.

Is this normal? Have my fish just become attached and like sitting together or do I have odd fish? As said abopve, water is fine, and they don't 'look' ill?

Guest supreme_presence

It's all celcius over here, I never look at F so it's about 28 C.

My tank thermometer has a green band on it (presumably the 'ideal' temprature). The water temprature is always within this band although I have noticed lately that it has risen to the top of the 'safe' zone rather than the low to middle end.

I think you may be right, I'll make a note of temp when this happens.

I have photos of them which I will post when I can get them off my phone.. it's quite sweet really.

Thank you :)

It sounds like they look sweet. Hmm...Goldfish perching in bushes. What will they think of next.

(Sorry I couldn't add anything more helpful. I'm a little new to this whole fish business.) Good Luck with your fish! :)

Archived