My Uncles Tank...

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy

okay my uncles fish are huge meaning like 4-6 inches easily, but his tank was way overstocked, like about 10 to 14 goldies in a 20 gallon barely any gravel in there. 3 filters, two HOBs and a internal one. He says he cleans the filters every morning meaning that he scrubs them clean. the biggest guy in there is like 6 inches but there was a bigger one that was like 9 inches but died recently.

how come his fish are getting big?

Maybe its because he cleans it everyday so the hormone the fish give out never have time to stunt them. Now I'm not really sure what the hormone is and what its all about but I have read about it a few times so I'm not like making that up :P . Thats just another reason why you should always keep up with the water changes

Hmmm, I don't think 6" including tail is that big to be honest. The overcrowding might be killing them off. How old are they?

Unfortunately, I don't think that tank is a good template to use for goldfish husbandry. They may live, because with daily cleaning and water changes, hopefully water chemistry may be OK.

Slugger :)

Archived