Adfs

Kissy

I won't have room for any, I'm just wondering about them. I see them as babies, and I think they are the most adorable things. But I remember seeing some adults and they were like HUMONGOUSLY fat looking, and weren't as appealing. Are they supposed to look like that after they grow up? Any chance of pics? I don't think I've ever seen froggie pics on this forum :)

My 2 ADFs aren't fat :)

No pics still :( *sigh* We got the pics back from our camera and almost every single one of them was very blury (I was holding the camera still when I took the pics) -_- and only 1 or 2 looked fine *sigh* We need a new camera :( I don't know if I'll try and take pics of the frogs or not since I highly doubt they'll turn out on that camera -_-

That may be an adult, but I can't tell.. That's basicly what mine look like though :) One has a darker skin color with smaller black spots on his back and the other is much lighter colored with larger black spots :)

I don't think mine are full grown yet. They still don't look like 2 inches to me, but then again I'm terrible at measureing with my eyes :P LoL

I'm good with measuring with eyes! (at least inches and up to three feet..other than that I'm useless) Its one of my few talents lol. I remember seeing the really tiny baby frogs in those aquababies "tanks" they had in stores about 8 years ago. I wanted one SOOOO badly...thank god my parents said no to aquababies :) They are really cute tho :P

LoL I'm terrible with measurments of any kind :P It was my weakest subject in math.. Anything with geometry -_- *shudders*

Aquababies? I think I've heard of those before. Are they those itty bitty containers not even half a gallon or so they sell fish and such in? I think I've seen them online before and they looked so cruel! o.0

An adult ADF should be no bigger than a quarter. Albinos - or ACF (African Clawed Frog) should NOT be kept in a tank with any fish we discuss in this forum! And they need lots of space and can live for over 20 years! ADF has a life span 3-5 yrs.

Check out this link - it'll tell everything you ever wnted to know and more:

http://www.allaboutfrogs.org/info/species/clawedordwarf.html

ADFs are SOOO cute! I still miss mine! :heart But, I am too sad to get more now.

I hope you can get some soon - just make sure the pet store does not sell you the wrond one because they often confuse the names, too!

PS - the picture you posted is an ADF! Can't tell it's age b/c there's nothing to judge size... but they will pretty much be full grown when you get them at a store - if you breed them, then you can see what they look like really young! :D

Archived