I Couldn't Believe My Ears

goldiemom51

I was in looking for a testing kit, since I didn't win the one on here.. and I couldn't believe my ears. A lady asked for help picking out a fish to go into this wee little fish tank probably 1-2 gallons. I heard the employee actually tell her that that tank was not big enough for goldfish. I heard them also tell another customer that her fish died because of water quality. It's funny how even though I have only been at this for a few weeks, I almost wanted to go over and educate these customers, but bit my tongue. I also want to say that they were actually cleaning the tanks and all the fish looked healthy w/ no dead or ill looking fish in tank. They also had a wide variety of fish. I actually recognized some of the names. (When I got my fish, I just said..:I'll take that pretty one right there!!!)

I would have loved to bring some fish home, but I am having such a hard time with the one I have left, that I know better. I do, though, have my eye on a bigger tank so I may expand my collection once I get this thing down!!

There seems to have been a large degree of betterment of the conditions at many different chains of corporate stores in the past few years. Although some stores seem to still be under questionable management.

I believe its because of the recently published studies circulating with hard facts about filtration, diseases, treatments and everything else that has to do with fishkeeping. After all, only 10 to 15 years ago, we were still largely unaware of many of the things we think of as elementary today. Indeed, we are still learning. So, we may still have many breakthroughs to come. But it takes the inquisitive mind to push the envelope...... Welcome to the fold! :lol:

I just to remind everyone with bad experiences with corporate stores that this is not the place to verbally bash any of them. ;)

Archived