Do Different Types Of Goldfish Mate?

gumbo

Not only will any kind of goldfish breed with one another, aren't telescopes and moors basically the same body type, just different colors? :huh:

Congrats on your soon to be :newfish !

Guest jfuruno
Actually,I think someone from the board posted a photo of a koi and gf crossbreed :D Will try to find that pic now........ :lol:

found the link :Dkoi and comet cross

390053[/snapback]

Great article. I loved:

Suffice it to say that when the world finally "nukes" itself, all that will be left are cockroaches, defense attorneys, usurous mortgage-policy makers, and KoiComet hybrids

• 2 weeks later...
Guest craig and beth

hi im a new user of this site, im kinda hoping for some help determing wether my 2 black moors (rhubarb and custerd) are m or f, as they rub

themselfs together alot, are they playing or PLAYING? :huh:

good question!

i was wondering myself

I got a male moor at the store and I think Fred is a Fredrica LOL

so moor with lionhead..that be interesting!

390309[/snapback]

If Fred is actually Fredrica, ur nickname is obsolete :D gotta ask koko a special permission to change it.

hi craig & beth :welcome

has the rubbing been going on for a long time? and what do u mean by rubbing (e.g. one of the fish nosing the other fish's bottom)?

Guest craig and beth

d_golem thank you.

they have bin doing it since i got them a week ago ( ive only had the tank 3 weeks) ive pics of them doing it, but not shore on how to show them to you

one easy method of showing the pics is create an account in photobucket.com, than upload ur pics there, then just type the location here :D or u can use the hyperlink feature and directly link the image.

if i may know how big is ur moors (including tail) and how old r they?

a 2" long goldfish is most likely still a juvenile about 1-2 months old. i dunno if juvenile fish displays spawning behaviour but it might :D . i have a pair of juvenile fantails (less than 3 months old) which did the same "rubbing" action as your moors. I'm not really sure but i have a feeling that the "chaser" is a male and the "chased" is a female :lol:

Guest craig and beth

thank you, beth pointed out what she wanted from the store and i jus put it together, the cycle nitarte took ages but once it was ok for fish beth picked the black moors (which i had as a kid) and thoes zebra fishes im not shore of there propper name but i like then as there well fast at swimming.

im still up for idears for fish to add to the tank somthing fancy and easy to take care of, and edable plants for the moores to eat!! any idears?

so its wait and see if they lay eggs to knoe if there m or f :rofl

u might have to wait a loooong time to have them lay eggs :D

from the pics i gather that u have a 2' long tank, that's about 15 gallon, maybe? i wouldn't recommend another goldfish because u got enuff for the size tank already. maybe a few guppies wouldnt hurt :rolleyes:

How big is your tank? I don't think it's a good idea to mix tropicals and goldfish together ;) If you do, zebra danios are probably the best (which you have) bc they are hardy but guppies are pretty sensitive. Goldfish might poison them out with all the waste and ammonia they put in the water, plus they are cold water fish. Make sure you keep up with the water changes :D

Very nice tank and fishies. I love black moores. They do look like they might be "PLAYING" lol You might want to get prepared for babies! :happydance

Guest craig and beth

its a 2' tank, i was told by the store that the zebra fish were cold water fish, i do water changes every week and i test the water to make shore its safe, did the man lie to me??

babies omg!! if they do have babies i'll be asking for help agian! :newfish

I think you have a 20 gallon tank. I am not positive, but pretty sure. That is perfect for your 2 black moores (they need 10 gallons a piece). The zebra danios are probably ok in the tank, they do prefer colder water and are hardy. How many of them do you have? What are your current water params? If the nitrates aren't rapidly building up and ammonia and nitrites are at 0, everything should be fine ;) Do not add any tropical fish though. There is a section on this web site called goldfish compatibilty (I think), there you can find fish that can live with your moores; but in a 20 gallon I'd say you are fully stocked right now.

I hope your moores breed, that would be so much fun! Lucky you! I want to have babies :heart lol Good Luck with everything and keep us posted!

Guest craig and beth

i have 4 zebra danios, its a 20 gall tank i looked on the box, its newly (2 weeks) set up, i check the water every 2 days and the amamiona is 0, the nitrites is 0.3

and nitrates is 50. its bin like that for a few days, but i guess its cos of the filter i have its a interpet mini pf, im not shore if the moors will lay eggs as i read they like leaves to lay them on and my plants have skinny leaves or well small ones, wont the zebras eat them??? :crp

Guest craig and beth

:newfish omg!!! ive jus read the breading gold fish bit of this sight and watched the video, in there doing all the same things!! looks like im gonna be a daddy! looking like a trip to get a breading tank,

who would of thort it, my daughter picks out the 2 fish she wants and i get 2 kinky ones!! :rofl

Archived