Maryland, Dc, And Virgina Goldfish Addicts

Guest jfuruno

Guest jfuruno

I realize that this is "koi show" and not specific to goldfish, but figured some of you locals might be interested and it's FREE. I'll be there on Saturday.

ZNA Potomac Chapter Koi Show

September 10, 9am-5pm

September 11, 10am-4pm

Administration Building Terrace

Co-sponsored by the Potomac Chapter of the Zen Nippon Airinkai & Friends of the National Arboretum

Returning for the 13th year, the Japanese Koi Show will entertain and educate koi enthusiasts of all ages. See brilliantly colored nishikigoi, ?fancy fish,? and watch as judges from Japan and the U.S. select the award-winners during this competition. Weekend events include a sales tent of pond supplies and equipment vendors. Free

http://www.usna.usda.gov/Education/events.html

Oh, another show! Goldfish or no goldfish - those shows are always a treat!

Don't forget to take pics, we want pics! :lol:

I have pictures from the show!!! I will post them tonight as I am not at home now. THis was the first show I have been to so I didn't know what to expect but I would say it must have been a rather small one. THere was only one vendor stand, which a bit disppointing, but they brought a big tub of goldfish! Now I know where there is a specialty store in the area! And they were very nice. THe event was at the National Arboretum - the fish pond there is out of this world! No worries - got pix of that, too! I'll post them all tonight!

All of these goldfish are from Vienna Aquarium and Pets, Vienna, VA - who were so kind and generous as to allow me take these pix. of the GF they brought to sell at their vendor tent. They told me they can order any fish you want!

The big oranda is about 4-4 1/4 inches to give you an idea of scale. All the goldies were in a large black drum but the strainers made it easier to see individual ones.

Here's some Ranchus for Fondoo! :teehee

DSCF1586.jpg

DSCF1587.jpg

DSCF1569.jpg

DSCF1588.jpg

I had a REALLY hard time leaving those two little adorable orandas behind... It was very tough - but I did not have the room for them - so I did not get them!

DSCF1589.jpg

DSCF1590.jpg

DSCF1387.jpg

DSCF1591.jpg

They had a few Pearlscales, three large Orandas (about one year) and the two Ranchus above - and that fish that looks like a Tosakin? (in the above picture) - otherwise, it was mainly very cute baby Orandas and Fantails.

THis was a small show and Vienna Aquariums was the only vendor there - so luckily, they brought a tub of GF for me to see! But is sure was hard to resist! :exactly

PS- Becky, you were reading my mind! No, no new fish :( but one day... *sighs*

You were very strong and showed great restraint. :ignore I know what you mean about no room. I have never bought a fish, was thrust into this hobby rescuing goldfish from a bowl bought for a classroom lesson.

Anyway, 11 months later I am not overstocked for the first time. But, one more fish and I would be. If I could just figure out where to put another tank. :hmm I would love to actually pick out a fish for myself.

thanx graham, I wanted to make it, but I had to ahndle some family things that didnt allow me to be free until about 5 so i figured the show was over...I love the koi at the main building there and the pond in the arboretum

I wish I could have gone! I just moved from Virginia. Its always like that, as soon as you move they have a show. On the way out of town one of the greenhouses had a big sign up saying they were having a fish auction. I missed that too.

Thanks for posting all the lovely pictures. I wouldn't be able to decide on just one, they are all so cute!

Sorry you could not make it! I kept looking around and wondering who was there that I knew but did not know! :lol: I went on Saturday and they closed at 5. The show was also on Sunday but the judging was only on Saturday. It was not a very big show so I did not return on Sunday - mostly b/c I wold have left with those two orandas! :rofl

Check out the koi pictures - thread in the OTHER FISH - KOI/POND forum!

Thanks for looking - I'm glad you enjoyed the pix!

Archived