My First Adf

x-Lucy-Fish-x

i just got home with an african dwarf frog, i certainly didnt expect to by! i went out looking for a pond, and ended up with a frog! hes in my betta tank.. with Sid the push-over who flared!!! for the first time he flared!!! but hes ok with the froggy now it was just when he was floating in the bag, he was investigating and he flared! i was a bit worried so i kept both eyes on both of them for about ten minutes but all he did was swim by and have a look at him hehee :D

thats the good news

Edit: oh yea he needs a name!?

:) Congrats on your new friend.Continue to keep an eye on them both.SOmetimes the betta becomes an Agressor,and won't let them eat.On the other hand,I once had a betta that became afraid of the frogs,and only came out when they were in hiding.I've kept frogs for years,and I just love them! :rolleyes:

oh the name just HAS to be Kermit-Bob!! thankyou for the inspiration! :rofl

Devs i will keep a very close eye on them, i did wake up to quite a funny little picture thismorning. they were both there at the bottom of the tank just staring at each other sid flaring but staying dead still and the frog just sat there.. i could just imagine them both pulling out a gun "DRAW!" it was like the begining of a scene from a wild west film!

but no1 was hurt as sit there is all they did.. i think sid might have been a bit confused that he was flaring and getting closer and closer till their noses where like a mm away and all the frog did was stare! he gave up in the end :rofl

:D One thing that alot of people don't realize,is that ADF's don't have the best vision.Kermit Bob probably didn't even realize that Sid was around,until Sid went nose to nose! :o:rofl

yea they smell out there food dont they.. although i think he must be able to see movement quite far away coz if i hide from him acroos the room he will happily swim about and investigate.. but if im moving about the room he sits dead still trying to hide <_<

Archived