Omg Last Night

x-Lucy-Fish-x

omg last night was soo bad, Tuesday my comet was about 10 minutes away from dying, but i saved her.. i hope!

she just couldnt swim to the bottom just kept floating up and when she did all she could do were spirals, it was really freaky then she started doing loops like she was on a roller coaster.. i just ran around setting up a QT bucket for her and i put her in there at first she was just floating at the top and her breathing was becoming slower and slower.. mum walked in took one look at her and said "that ones a gonner" i was like well thankyou mum for your help!

well it was so sad to watch i sat with her for about an hour (also during the biggest lightening storm iv ever seen right above the house) and she was just getting worse i figured she was gonna die.. i cried a bit and begged her not to leave me.. we had no peas so i tried brokkoli and she wouldnt eat it, so i tried some tubifex worms and i had to hand feed her, i stabled her in the water with one hand and put the food up to her mouth with the other and she managed to eat quite a bit of it.. after that she slowly started looking better and could swim normaly again and thismorning she seems pretty good, still not herself but shes gonna live.. altho she does have that white fluff all over her again (velvet?) so im treating for that, but last time it cleared up in a few days.. so fingers crossed.. dont think she will be leavin me :heart

its dropsy :cry1

ive just realised

it was the beggining of a terrible illness for her last night

i have just noticed her belly swell up a bit again (read topic "my fish is fat" on this board somewhere) but this time her scales are raised, so i got out the dropsy treatment and found a leaflet inside called 'guide to fishes health' and it had a chart in it with symptoms and what diseases they point at.. the first was balance problems. exactly what she was suffering with last night.. the next was swollen body and raised scales. what she has today.. i suppose next her eyes are gonna protrude and she'll get fatter and sicker..

oh what do i do? :cry1

shes gonna die isnt she? :cry1

is there anything else i can do for her apart from treat and wait? anyone with experience of a fish surviving dropsy, what did you do for your baby? :heart

Please help me help her

So sorry to here about your fish. My comet Zippy just died recently from Dropsy. It was to late to save her by the time I realized what it was. I thought she was just getting fat until the raised scales. Zippy never showed any signs of being sick except for the raised scales. She swam and zipped around the tank like she always did and ate normaly until the day she died. Woke up one morning and she was gone. She lived 3 months with dropsy. The other 4 fish in the tank (55 gal.) never got it. Saying all this, that if nothing works just keep a clean environment and keep her comfortable until its her time to go. You never know she just might beat this dropsy thing. Maybe someone else on this sight who have healed there fish from dropsy will be of better help. The earlier you catch the disease the better chance your fish will have to live. Much hope and prayers go out to you and your comet. Hope she makes it. :hug

:cry1 sadden to hear about your goldie...I have not had much suscess with dropsy, but I havent had to deal with it since I have been on this site. I read a thread on this sight about dropsy and it ahd some good info on how to treat dropsy(which I thought was uncurable until I came to this site)...please look in the illness section of this forun and find that post....If I find if first, I will tell you where it is. Best Wishes....I hope all works out cause you are such a wonderfum mother.

thanks guys.. il search for that post on it.

shes just lying on her side at the bottom now barely breathing, unless something amazing happens i dont think shes gonna make the night :cry im gonna sit with her a while, maybe try and give her a bit of food, change a bit of the water, increase the med dose...

btw i just bought an african dwarf frog home... i was looking for a pond, and found a frog.. needs a name

i found a really long topic started by LaurieP on dropsy was that it? i have read through some of it and it all seems to be about these meds i just dont have! or stuff ive done, although i will put a heater in there coz i think the temp is probably low right now. what should it be, about 25C?

better go and check on her.. :unsure:

this is how shes floating..

sicktuesday001.jpg

sicktuesday002.jpg

sicktuesday003.jpg

ive just done a 70% water change.. put a filter in and a heater and tried to hand feed her.. it was so sad she was lying in my hand sucking up the odd worm i put in front of her.. then when i figured she wasnt gonna eat any more i let her slowy float away and she started swimming loops upside down and then spat every single worm out id just fed her :(

we had some luck at work against Dropsy with some mix of meds.

We fed Jungles Anti-bacterial pond fish food, along with dosing the tank with maracyn plus (basicly maracyn 1 and 2 together)

Im so sorry hun :(

awwww your poor fishy and you *hugs*

he does not look good :(

Fred had it but only the first stage he was only just begining to pinecone and had red streaks

I read al the threads in here I could.

I couldnt get medicated food in Australia so an antibiotic that could be used in the water was my only alternative

maracyn 2 was also not available.

so I treated him with Tri-sulpher, raised the temp and epsom salt.

The dropsy went but then the septacemia spread, thats when I started to post here.

Tri-sulpher can also be used in water like Maracyn 2 but the TS is only affective against gram-negative bacteria however it worked but it took a long time and 4 treatments. (2 treatments at recomended dose then another 2 at double dose)

I sure hope your fish pulls thru!

I will be thinking and praying for both of you

she hasnt made it, she died last night

she kept lying there and slowly stopping breathing but when i tapped on the side of the bucket she would twitch and start swimming about, eventualy i thought well when i leave her for more than 10 minutes shes not gonna wake up again is she, so i just left her and she quietly fell asleep and slipped away :( it was peacefull for her i suppose and shes not in pain anymore :heart

Archived