New Fish

Guest LifeorBust

Guest LifeorBust

So I finally did it. After scouring websites and lurking around these boards I finally finished cycling my brand new tank and put into it my brand new fishy.

Sakana (Japanese for 'fish') is an ~1.5" orange and white Ryukin. He's (?) in a 10 gallon tank until next spring when he'll move out to the pond. He's still a little shy and hides in his rocks and fake plants whenever I come into the room, but he seems to be getting a little braver each day.

Here's his picture on day 3 of our co-residency

http://www.deviantart.com/view/22564769/

This forum has been a great source of information thusfar and I look foward to my future visits. :D

--Diz

Guest LifeorBust

Thanks :D I love his colours too. I splurged for the tank with flouresant (sp?) lighting and I think that really helps bring out his orange.

I colour enhanced the background because it was a little dull and grey, but I didn't touch Sakana with the photoshop. He's really just that pretty ;)

Guest jfuruno

Beautiful fish and photograph. Congrats and especially congrats on being patient and getting important information and taking care of ther tank, cycling, before bringing the fish home.

Archived