Orchard's Tank

Kissy

Orchard loves his tank...he is almost never still. He LOVES to dart all over the place :) The tank is placed on top of the 50's diner couch I bought at a garage sale several years ago.

Uhh...Yah! Orchard's got a bunch of old stuffed animals up there to keep him company. There's the Old English Sheepdog (the one you see) a sit up bunny, and black round bunny, and green elephant etc. None of these are mine of course! Psh..yah I'm too old for stuffed animals. :peeka

Pshaw. I'm fully twenty and two months on Tuesday, and I have a floppy dog named Fettucini (my first college pet) and a little rattling teddy named Sister Bear that I've had since before I was born.

Guest Chishower

Kissy, his tank looks great! I really need to upgrade my betta tanks...and seeing that makes me want to do so even more! What brand filter is that?

And I have a bunch of stuffed animals on my bed...my giant cow...my manatee...my 5 foot long stuffed tiger...o.o

I really like it! :D its economical, and yet BEAUTIFUL!

I have a bear named Binky, Ive had since I was 3.... along with a very nice stuffed animal collection! and Im 20 also ;)

Aww thanks everyone :) The tank was from Kortniee, and I got the filter, airpump, tree trunk cave and tubing as extras when I bought my 29 gallon. He LOVES the cave, its his favorite thing. The filter is a sponge filter, and I think the brand is penn-plax. I just put it in a few days ago, so I'm not sure how well it works yet. When I know, I'll tell yah :) I just know it should only be used in small tanks like bettas, snails, frogs etc. It doesn't really filter, it aerates and keeps a cycle.

Looks like a great Betta home! I like the cave, I think if my guy had one of those I'd never see him!!

And since there is all this stuffed animal talk - I still have my Pound Puppy Bowser from when I was a littler littleone! I've had to sew his ear back on twice and sew his little belly closed a few times. His painted eyes have been scratched off, so now he is a blind old dog! LOL! I still sleep with him sometimes at night. Makes my hubby worry I think...

Lol :) When I first got Orchard, he was very scared and nervous. He acted like he'd never lived outside that tiny cup and was freaked out by all the space. He spent most of his time in the cave for the first week, he'd always peek his head out one hole, go back in, stick his head out another, go back in etc. He'd follow a pattern for a while, and just when you were about to guess which hole he'd pop his head out of, he'd switch it up! This was before I had the tank and he lived in a three gallon bucket, so I was able to get an ariel view of this. Kinda like wack-a-mole in really REALLY slow motion, but cuter and without malets :D Now he hardly goes in there at all, but I think he sleeps inside at night.

I used to have a pound puppy! We got a set of those really tiny miniature dalmation puppies, all three different. Mine was so adorable! But then it disapeared :( I've got so many stuffed animals in my room. I can't get rid of them!

Archived