Peas!

Anic

I'm peeling some peas right now and I was wondering how I should feed them to the fish. Should I mash them up or leave them the way they are? They're in halves still, the way they cam eout of the peeling.

How should I feed them?

Guest jfuruno

My fish can handle them in halves so I just drop them in once shelled.

If you think you have to, you can quarter them. I would not mash them as the particulates will foul your water. My fish love peas...hopefully your's will as well since they are cheap and easy to come by.

Well, I was snooping through the fridge and saw some in the freezer, so I thought I'd give it a shot! Thanks!

I'll throw most of them in as halves and some into quarters for my Rosy Red and Lucky because they're the smallest.

most peas from the bag have salt added.

I put boiling water in a small bowl and add a hand ful of peas and by the time the water cools they are cooked and ready to skin.

thanks for the reminder I should make mine a little treat of peas now 8)

• 1 year later...

Hi, PeeWee....

So much depends on the size of the fish. I have fish that eat 1 inch cubes of gel food in one bite. I also have fry that are so small that a single pea would feed a dozen of them for a few hours.

If your fish is smaller, try cutting the pea up. See how well he does with the pieces. If he does ok, you might just see how he does with a 1/2 pea - they come apart easily like that. Cook it soft the first time ifyou are worried.....

:)

Guest peewee790

Thank you, he is a 4" Oranda named Pienso, (spanish for, "I'm Thinking...") I fed him a thawed whole skinned pea. He looked like he was playing with it or choking on it. He ended up spitting it up so I grabbed it and split it in half. I don't think he can choke on half of a pea. I was worried for a second. It's nice to know that some can handle that ammount...

VideoHooligans018.jpg

Archived