Saw The Worst Thing For Sale Today

x-Lucy-Fish-x

i was at a car boot sale today and on one of the stalls there was this "talking goldfish bowl" it was in the shape of a food blender and had buttons sounding all the sound effects of a fish being blended alive! i couldnt believe it.. it said things like "hey whattcha doin'?" and "aaahhhh"... i mean seriously.. what a thing to teach kids! just the oposite of respecting all animals eh!?

plus it was about half a gallon.. pretty much the same size as a real blender.. and the worst thing was what it said on the back.. the first bullet point was: it doesnt need to be a big goldfish, just a good looking smaller one.

i gave the seller evil looks, and complained to my mum really loud so he could hear!!!

this one is totaly off the topic but i had quite a shock just now.. i was watchin tv and i looked over to the tank and Tuesday was just floating in the corner on her side.. i just thought, omg shes dead, coz she looked very dead! but as i was moving across the room to check out the situation her fin flapped.. then i though ok its just swimbladder or something but she still looks close to dying.. but i got even closer and she just started swimming about again!!!

do goldies sleep like this, or might her swimbladder be playing up and shes hiding it from me!?

whoa hmmm what an "interesting" toy....cruel though, especially to us goldfish hobbyists.

about Tuesday, i'd say any goldfish floating on its side is definitely not a good sign. i'd suspect swimbladder problems.

Those "goldfish blender" toys have been seen off and on lately, and sometimes it's being offered on ebay. I don't think there is anything you can do about it, except show the seller by not buying that crap that you aren't happy with it. There will always be people who are into those things, and its gonna be landing in some garage in a box sooner or later.

As for your floating Tuesday (did you get him on a Tuesday? :) ), does he do that often? What do you usually feed him, and what kind of fish is he? Big bellied? Or rather slender?

I wonder what the guy thought as he put the blender on the market? I have seen some stuff online related to that, they were more like games though... Hampster in a microwave (press the levels, and watch him slowly die, they tried to make it funny) and Frog in a blender (preety much the same, but diff situation). How sick.

Those "goldfish blender" toys have been seen off and on lately, and sometimes it's being offered on ebay. I don't think there is anything you can do about it, except show the seller by not buying that crap that you aren't happy with it. There will always be people who are into those things, and its gonna be landing in some garage in a box sooner or later.

As for your floating Tuesday (did you get him on a Tuesday? :) ), does he do that often? What do you usually feed him, and what kind of fish is he? Big bellied? Or rather slender?

389187[/snapback]

Tuesday.. Yes i did get her on a tuesday lol! shes a comet.. and omg last night was soo bad, she was about 10 minutes away from dying, but i saved her.. i hope!

she just couldnt swim to the bottom just kept floating up and when she did all she could do were spirals, it was really freaky then she started doing loops like she was on a roller coaster.. i just ran around setting up a QT bucket for her and i put her in there at first she was just floating at the top and her breathing was becoming slower and slower.. mum walking in took one look at her and said "that ones a gonner" i was like well thankyou mum for you help!

well it was so sad i sat with her for about an hour (also during the biggest lightening storm iv ever seen right above the house) and she was just getting worse i figured she was gonna die.. we had no peas so i tried brokkoli and she wouldnt eat it, so i tried some tubifex worms and i had to hand feed her, i stabled her in the water with one hand and put the food up to her mouth with the other and she managed to eat quite a bit of it.. after that she slowly started looking better and could swim normaly again and thismorning she seems pretty good, still not herself but shes gonna live.. altho she does have that white fluff all over her again (velvet?) so im treating for that, but last time that cleared up in a few days.. so fingers crossed :heart

Archived