Male Blackmore

LuvMuhFred

Yesterday i saw a georgous male blackmore aprox 4 inches (including tail)

There were 3 in the tank but he had breading stars on checks and his pec fins....soooooooooooo I was like OMG at least I "know" hes a boy!

and was very healthy looking, active and oh so cute!

My delimah is...I can get him and he can live in my main tank but...Im after a panda and a redcap oranda aswell (planing on a new tank too)

Tracking down the panda and red cap locally is just not hapening and may take a while so...should I get the moor now knowing I can house him

and then when I get the new tank have the others in there or do i let him go and wait for the others?

Ugh!

if the blackmoor has already taken your heart, then by all means get him! :D the panda & redcap can wait. quick! the absolutely-gorgeous-male-moor *wink* might not be there tomorrow! :krazy: quick quick! :lol:

PS: pics pls when u got him :D

hmmmm Im so tempted!

your right he may get snapped up by someone else then I will regreat it

I was thinking.....he good size for main tank

Coco Chanell is TINY and if Mullow nips her like he did Fred she does not stand a chance :(

Mullow is half Freds size yet he really got his tail all bitten up til they sorted out who is boss.

So a large moor would stand a better chance with Mullow and Fred

and Coco can go in her own big tank and await the new arivails which I want to get real small so I can watch them grow

what do you think?

sounds like a good plan ;)

really u can say all sorts of things and ask us and we'll give u advice etc etc but deep down u really want this very-gorgeous-handsome-perfect-unbelieveable-male-moor *wink wink* and already made up ur mind :D hehehehe

Get the moor. Finding specific fish takes time, and you'll have plenty of it to get a new tank to set up for them. :D

And don't forget the pics! :goldfish:

LOL LOL :)

Yeah I must say, all day today I have not stopped thinkiing bout him.

My daughter was with me when we saw him and begged me then, but...I have to QT and right now I got a rescued gourami in one tank, Coco in another QT, so I hesitated.

Oh well, I guess i just have to grab him and a temp tank aswell for QT

OH MY!

My house will look like a pet shop LOL

Anyway it past 2am so I am gonna sleep on it.

Ill go see if he still there in the morning and I promise if he is...i will post pics :)

Thanks!

I got him :)

The shop is holding him for me till I get the QT tank I want.

They put him in his own sep tank with a sold sign on him so no one can take him :)

Oh he is sooooooooooooo cute!!

I have never got a fish from this particular store before but the fish look ok so I hope he will be fine till I pick him up.

The lady there was clueless on fish thou :(

When she asked me which one I said the male and she looked at me like "huh"

I got a blank stare LOL

So I had to point him out to her, so glad he is now seperated in his own tank as I doubt they could pick him from the others.

Oh I wish he was home with me now!!

Congrats!! I'm glad he was still there & it's nice they are willing to keep him for you.

I once saw an adorable lionhead but I didn't have the cash with me PLUS he was 20-25$ (I don't know about ya'll but that's alot for a fish) but since he haunted me all the time I decided to treat myself to this little prize. unfortunately someone beat me to him. I was so sad. And I haven't seen another one since :(:cry1:(:cry1

Yeah all the larger fish in the stores near me are around $20. It seems as soon as the fish hits the 3 inch mark they add on another $10 as the baby moors were $9.95

Sorry you missed your Lionhead :( thats exactly what Iwas afraid off... I must have held my breath all the way there in the car!

I hope you find another Lionhead, Im sure the "right" one is out there and will find you when the time is right :)

:)

ok I did not post this earlier as I have been trying to decide betwet QT tanks and when I can pick him up

basically......coco is in QT but if I pick him up I need the new tank..im out of money.

so I borowed money

so Im picking him up tomorow :)

then I got a prob..... coco needs a heater to assimilate her for her move

but sinse I resucued the gourami...he got the heater

so... I need to buy another heater OMG

so....do I put my new moor in new tank in QT with heater or do I put coco in it for heater so she can move in main tank

If I put coco in it to assimilate her then I have to cut her QT period off by 5 days ....hmmm so far she has been great

but I do not want to put the moor in her QT tank as he is BIG

I want him in 10 gal QT tank

I am thinking.....pick him up in morning and new tank

put coco in new tank with heater...heaat up over the day

have the moor in her small tank for 24 hours only

so coco goes in new tank 5 days early

then he has new tank with heater and QT for 21 days

other then that..I am at a loss....I dont have enough heaters!

Thanks hun!

yes....I will sort it out somehow

all I know is I will get him in the morning ....then sort it out

OHHHHHHH I just cant wait till I have him here..then I know he is ok

I hate him being at the pet store :(

sleep calls...... i will post back tomorow when I got him and put up pics :)

Ooh, I like his name. How did you come up with it?

I think you should put Coco with the heater first since she's about to be moved to the big tank and then when she's done put the heater in with Dalamar.

BTW Daryl (I think it was Daryl) just posted something about moors preferring it a little colder, so I don't think he'll mind not having the heater immediately.

Congratulations on your new fish! :goldfish::D

I got him home :)

I got his name from dragonlance novels but I got 2nd thoughts on the name so I will do a poll after this thread on names.

Well he is in a new 10 gal QT tank I got today and at room temp as the shop at him at that temp

the shops PH was under 6!!!!!!!!!!!! i tested the water in the bag :(

MY tap water is 6.8 so I lowered it with ph down to 6.4 that way he is not going more then .4 change

over the next few days I will use baking soda to raise the ph gradually till it matches the main tank and so that it is a gradualy change for him

I have decided I will not cut Coco's QT period short, it is just not worth the risk.

So when it comes time for her move...I will somehow work it out, maybe use a themother and have to turn it on and off so it dont cook her over the whole of sunday till i get it right.

Anyway here he is in his new tank:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b63/VamP...ep-2005-004.jpg

Archived