Snails For Me!

kortniee

Just one question; I promise. :D

Okay... so I've gotten my goldie tank all set up and stuff so I decided that it was time to work on getting some slimers, cause they're so cute. I went out and bought a 10 gallon, with a whisper 10i internal filter--I thought this would work best because I wanted to cover the whole top of the tank so they wouldn't crawl out. The package says the filter pushes 90 gph.

How many snailies (brigs) could I have, given that amount of space and that level of filtration?

I'm so excited... :heart

:) I think that they recommend about 2.5 gals. per snail,but it really depends on what type/size you get.I have a ten gal. with at least 20 brigs in it,ranging from new born to teenagers.I have an Aquaclear 150 on it,and actually plan on adding an airstone also.I do water changes 50% twice a week though because Snails kind of fall into the "dirty little Piggies" Category! :rofl If you're getting Brigs(all the little pretty colored ones),when adult size-they'll be about the size of a walnut. I would only start out with a couple three,and see how you like them-check out water params/water changes/etc. & such,and then go from there. :)

The airstone's being saved for the next paycheck. Also, if I find that 90 gph is just not enough as my kids get bigger, I'll get another one to go on the other side of the tank. The darn thing is unnervingly quiet... I have to keep checking to see if it's working.

Thanks for the advice. :D

Archived