Davey's Sick! Picture

Bubbles

I went for 5 days to my friends house on the island, and I had got my brother to take care of my goldfish and betta. I got back last night, ad all my goldfish are doing great, and I swear my little telescope has even grown. I was releaved that eveything went over smoothy untill I walked over to my betta's tank. He lay at the bottom of the tank, and didn't move 'till I turned on the tank light. I noticed his stomache looked bloated...could he be constapated? Also, he shows a loss of colouration. I noticed that at the hole at the top of the tank where you drop the food in had a bunch of rotting food there that hadn't made it into the tank..I don't think my brother niticed it didn't go in. I don't think that affected water quality because it wasn't near it, but there is a lot of uneaten food at the bottom of the tank, which I have to go clean out after I type this. I fed him last night and this morning, and he ate fine. What could be wrong with him? I will go take pictures now, and they should be up in the next half an hour.

Thank you for any help!! Davey and I will apperciate it.

Lumps and bumps on bettas arent usually a good sign. It could be anything really and all i can suggest is keeping his water really clean and watching it doesnt get any bigger.

Is it only on the one side or is it even when you look head on at him?

It could be the constipation, but as i said its hard to tell.

Your ideas of cleaning the tank well to remove any rotting food, and then fasting him for a few days is a good idea. After the fast you could try him with a bit of pea. Just cook the pea lightly, and squeeze out the soft centre and squish a bit between your fingers.

He should eat this and it will act as a bit of a laxative for him. Frozen bloodworms are laxative, too. Hikara brand is a good brand since they are sterilized.

Hopefully he is just constipated from overeating.

Archived