Why Can't I Pm?

onefish3

Okay, I've tried to be patient because I'm guessing that the reason I can't pm, or see the chatterbox link, or vote for pic of the week, or find the snail forum, or betta forum, etc. is because I'm too new a member.

But then I thought about all the other things that could be causing that--a computer glitch, I'm not worthy (oops, back to the new member thing), maybe a site glitch...

So what is it? My computer? I'd really like to just see who's up for pic of the week, maybe vote. I won't if you tell me not too. :please

Hi onefish3, you guessed right the first time. There is a type of 'probationary' period before new members get all the rights of full membership. When you reach a level of 200 posts you will be able to do all the things you mentioned above.

It is really a security measure designed to prevent people just signing up, causing nuisance and posting inappropriate pictures, etc. Please be patient with the system, it is there for the benefit of everyone and we all experienced the same restrictions when we first joined. :)

I am a new member, and I have been able to see the pics and vote.....

I haven't looked for the snail for betta forum, but I have been able to get in the chatroom, too.

I am a new member, and I have been able to see the pics and vote.....

I haven't looked for the snail for betta forum, but I have been able to get in the chatroom, too.

389415[/snapback]

Maybe it's only 100 posts you need to get?

I just went over 100 posts and so changed from a "fry" to a "goldfish". Whoo-hoo. :monkey

Ok, back to your questions. You should be able to see the betta and snail forums, as well as vote for the pic of the week. Maybe you are just not scrolling down far enough on the main page to see them? I know I did not see all the forums for a while because I never scrolled down! :rofl

You cannot PM or enter the chatterbox until you reach 200 posts. Now that I am past 100 posts I can "see" the chatterbox (it drove me crazy :krazy: for awhile, people would talk about it-but where was it?) but I cannot go in. There is a "game" forum that I can get into now with 100 posts.

Hope this helps. :)

edit: Another thought. If you are coming in from the main page and clicking on "goldfish discussion" you will only see one forum. You need to click the big box that says "message boards" to see all the forums.

Archived