Big Ones Dead

Guest morgannsmommy1

Guest morgannsmommy1

I went to feed my fish and noticed a bigger gold fish was in my castle. I turned it over to make sure it was ok and it was half eaten all around its lower belly and i could see its ribs and its eyes were gone as well!! I had put a question on here recently about my little ones loosing their fins and dying and now my bigs ones are. But my big ones still have there side fins. I have checked my water and everything is good. Do you still think that my sucker fish is eating them? I havent taken him out of the tank because I have no where to put him. Any suggestions. My little fish just had their side fins missing and were dead but now this big one was half eaten. He wasnt like this when i left for work this morning at 8. Someone Please Help!!!! :cry1

sounds like the fish went in and the catfish grabbed it. Sorry, but plecs are notorious for killing fish if they can get them. If you dont take the plec to a store it will probably get all your fish as they sleep.

How big is the plec? If you want to keep it, it will need a tropical tank of at least 20 gallons and again thats an estimate as i dont know the size, but you can then keep it with small tetra like fish.

You can set up an inexpensive emergency home for the pleco. Use a 15 to 20 gallon Rubbermaid type tub and a hob filter from nooppee.

The pleco won't care if it is dim in the tub, he will like it that way lol!

If money is a problem, buy the tub first, then you could wait a week or two and buy the filter. With a few water changes, the pleco will do nicely in the tub. Also, unless your house gets very cold, the pleco won't need a heater. I have kept common plecos in unheated tanks.

Once plecos get a taste for other fish, they won't stop :( I had a pleco once that started eating my poor little guppies as they slept :cry1

Guest morgannsmommy1

Thanks for alll your help! I think I will buy a tank just for him. He is not very big maybe 3" and I may just get him a friend to keep him company. :)

Archived