Airstones & Bubble Bars

mark

i wanted to add an airstone or bubble bar to my aquarium and i was wondering if one was better than the other, does the airstone do something that a bubble bar doesn't? ..sorry if there is a previous post, didn't see one

I think it's a matter of personal preference, really. Smaller bubbles tend to oxygenate the water a little better though, if memory serves.

I use both in my bigger tanks. I put the small airstones in

the front left corner and back right corner, with the bubble

wand in the back left.

The major function of the bubbles is to lift the water from the bottom of the tank and circulate it with the surface. This increases the aeration. Micro bubbles do help in their own right to a degree.

Since a bar has a greater spread of effect across the tank bottom, lifting potentially more volume of water to the surface, I would think a bubble bar would give you more bang for the poof.

Just my opinion.

Guest 24 Gordon

I have to agree i have bubble bars in 2 of my tanks and my goldies love to play in its like an X-treme surfing to them. everytime i see them in the bubble all i can think about is the scene in finding nemo where the turtles are riding the currents to australia ......... :panana:rofl

:hi I had an airstone and then switched to a bar. My fish never played in it like some of the others have stated theirs did. Now mine play all the time and the bubbles are a lot finer. I would go for the bar if it is the only thing you have in your tank.

Archived