They Sell Fish In Buckets Now!

Ranchugirl

At least thats how I got my newest fish home - he was too big for any bag that the store had!

One of the 4 stores in our little town (amazing really :thud ) usually has only smaller goldfish, and not too much to look at quality wise. Every now and then they get a load full of bigger ones in, but I forget to visit them in that week on a regular basis :rolleyes:

Well, today I didn't, and I stumbled upon an 5 inch fantail (plus just as much finnage) in a 20 gl tank, all by himself. He was the last one, or the only one - depending on who you ask. :lol: Not only did I feel sorry for him, but he also had all the finnage where its supposed to be, a nice color and confirmation, so I paid for him. When it came to packing the fish, the owner couldn't find a bag big enough for the fish to fit in. So I pointed to a 3 gl bucket and promised him to bring the bucket back the following week.

That must have been the slowest car ride home - EVER! :rofl3 Since he was already in a bucket, I gave him his salt dip right in it, and now he is happy in a much bigger tank than he was in the store. Somehow re reminds me of the fish in my sigi - the one on the very right, except he is calico.

A fish brought home in a bucket! :rofl

:rofl I wish I could find a fish like that around here! Leave it to you to be using the "Bucket" Method!!!!! :lol: Next you'll be bringing them home in a "Pop-Up Pond"!!! :rofl

Oh, pictures will come, don't worry! :lol: Batteries need charging right now, and there are a few other new fish as well, so I figured I do the "presentation" all at once.... :rofl

Yay! :newfish

I love seeing what kind of fish everybody else has got on this site, and I love hearing about people finding cool new fish locally. It's so exciting even when they're not yours! :D:goldfish:

"... a few other fish as well", she mentions quietly as an afterthought. :lol: Andrea, where are you going to keep them all?

Congratulations on the new arrivals, just as well they didn't all come home in buckets, it would have been a v-e-r-y slow trip. Looking forward to seeing your pics. :)

Okay, okay, here we go now! :happydance

That is the big monster - nice fantail with lovely finnage....

BigCalicoFantail2.jpg

I like the way the tail fans out... One more....

BigCalicoFantail.jpg

And here are the other guys! A calico oranda - actually, the red seems to be totally missing on the fish, but his color pattern is so unusual, that I don't care.

CalicoNoRed.jpg

A new little baby ryukin....

NewCalico.jpg

A blue oranda baby... This one has some fat chubby cheeks already!

NewBlueOranda.jpg

So, whats a few more fish? :rofl3

Beautiful fish! They are absoultly GORGEOUS! The big ones fins are so big;I really like the stripes on the baby ryukin's fins. How much bigger is he than the other fish? I can see the blue oranda's back in the second pic, but it seems closer than the big one.

Wow! I wouldn't mind going to that store!

Thanks, guys! :)

I didn't get them all from one store - the 3 smaller ones are from Petsupermarket, the big guy from an independent store.

Roano, the bigger fish is about 9 inches with the fins, while the other 3 are just over 3 inches, so there is quite a difference... :thud

Of course, the big guy is gonna get much more than just 10 gl for him to swim around... :lol:

Hi Andrea,

I love your calicos especially the big one. Love his finnage. :heart

You have nice looking fish there. Can't wait to see them in the tanks they would wind up in. That means more pics!! :lol:

Wow! 9 inches! The biggest fancy's are at my vvvv, and they are about 6 inches, and are sold for about $20 to $30, can't remeber; if you don't mind me asking, how much did the big one cost? He's a beautiful fish and in great shape!

Wow! They're gorgeous! Congratulations again!

I liked the ryukin's stripe fins too, and the calico oranda. I like it when a calico loses red for whatever reason and looks like a finned dalmation. :D

Archived