Thinking About A Tropical Comunity

Bubbles

So I was looking on this website: http://www.elmersaquarium.com/000tropfishcareguides.htm

I wanted get information on tropical fish that are compatable with eachother because I am moving my goldfish from their 35 gallon to a much larger tank..I think its 80+ gallons.

So I was wondering how many tropical fish I could fit into a 35 gallon.

I was planning on buying some glass fish, mollies, neon tetras, guppies, and an apple snail. I was hopeing to get an african dwarf frog, but I'm not sure if they're compatable. I know everything I listed are compatable though. I was just wondering how many fish I could but in my tank.

Thank you for any advise!

lucky goldfish :)

general rule is 1" of tropical fish to 1-2 gal. with the fish you named, all do go well together and they stay pretty small, even as adults. with the glass fish, you'll want to get 2 or 3 at least, they do much better in groups. they can grow to 2". you might want to avoid painted glass fish; they're pretty, but it supports a barbaric practice.

just remember not to add all 30 inches of fish at the same time :)

oh yea, dwarf frogs are compatable w/ smaller and slower fish. the prefer slighly warmer water (mid 70s) and also do better in small groups. personally i never had much luck with them, but they are really neat to watch. general rule, 1 frog will take up 1-2 of your inches. i don't think snails factor into that equation though.

lucky goldfish :)

general rule is 1" of tropical fish to 1-2 gal.?  with the fish you named, all do go well together and they stay pretty small, even as adults.? with the glass fish, you'll want to get 2 or 3 at least, they do much better in groups.? they can grow to 2".?  you might want to avoid painted glass fish; they're pretty, but it supports a barbaric practice.?

just remember not to add all 30 inches of fish at the same time :)

388638[/snapback]

Thank you!

Yes, I know of the horrible practice of dying and injecting painted glass fish with colour. Luckily my lps carries natural glass fish.

Thank you again :)

Archived