My Filter Is No Good

Anic

My filter in my 10 gal is really stupid, sometime today when I was at school/Youth Camp my filter decided to quit working. By the time I noticed it, the whole filter was bone dry. So I need to buy a new one. Does anyone know a good brand of filter?

Aquaclears, penguins and emporers are great filters. I use all three. You can buy them online at Drs. Foster & Smith. Much cheaper to buy online than at your local fish store Hope this helps. :)

I read some where that Whisper filters weren't very good. One of my filters ( the crappy one) is a Aqua-Tech and the other is a Penguin.

Guest Elfdaughter

Can't remember what barnd it is, but for a small tank I use the bag that you place in the bottom of the bowl.

Not much use now - my fish has done a jump!! *cries* I'm getting a new tank (with a ventilated lid!) soon, so waiting for that to come before I buy another fish. *sigh*

Bought the fish yeasterday, and introduced it to its new home - woke up this morning and he wasn't there!! The probelm is, I can't find him anywhere!

Can't remember what barnd it is, but for a small tank I use the bag that you place in the bottom of the bowl.

391324[/snapback]

Well, it's a 10 gal. What do you mean by the bag thing?

• 3 weeks later...

I love, love, love, love my penguin. The day after I installed it my tank finished cycling and my nitrites dropped to zero. I have an aquatech on one end and the pengiun on the other and I love my pengiun I think I might replace the aquatech with another peniun someday when I am rich again.

I'm not an expert but the whispers I've had didn't last long but they worked great while they lasted. I've got a whisper in my five gallon tank and it works great but I don't have many fish for it to take care of right now, only two and they are only about 1.5 inches a peice (I know I need a bigger tank, but its all I have room for right now) THe filter I've got fits right inside the tank so the tank can sit flush to the wall. It's meant for tanks up to ten gallons but it pushes eighty gallons and hour so I wouldn't recommend it for a ten gallon, just not a large enough turnover.

i have two hang on whisper 60s that work fantastic, in my large tank, i also have two canister aqua ones, that i only just cleaned for the first time yesterday, and they wernt even dirty inside i could of left it for another two months before it needed a clean.

:D I have mostly Aquaclears in the house.They work well,and are the most reasonably priced.I also own An Emeror 400 and a couple Penguin 330's(now 350"s).I have to admit that I'm a huge fan of these.I love those Penguins more and more everyday! Back in the day,I hated the Whisper's.Now it's been quite a long time since I have bought one,and I'll admit that I have two older models running as extra's on tanks as we speak,and I'm not loving them/ What I can say is that Whisper apparently did an overhaul on their Filter's and they now come with Bio Wheels,etc. ,so maybe they are better now than I remember. :rolleyes::lol:

Archived