Rip Creamsicle

Dreamgoddess

My beloved red cap oranda Creamsicle died yesterday. She suffered for many months with SBD and then in the last couple of weeks she had dropsy. I did everything in my power to make her better, but nothing worked.

There are alot of you who, in the last few months, gave me advice on caring for her. I can't even begin to tell ya'll how much I appreciate it. I just hope she had a peaceful death (if there is such a thing) and wasn't in too much pain.

I'm so sad about this...my daughter and I both cried. It's just so frustrating and heartbreaking so try everything and nothing does any good.

I don't think I ever want to get another oranda and take a chance on this happening again.

Please join me in giving Creamsicle one last farewell.

May she rest in peace. :cry1

:rip: Creamsicle. So sorry for your loss. Please don't give up on orandas they are so cute. I have three orandas and they are my strongest fish. I lost two in the past a chocolate and blue oranda due to a ph crash. Just didn't realize my ph went down so low. Thats why it is so important to test the water often. Hope you change your mind about orandas. :heart:)

I'm sorry your daughter and yourself have lost creamsicle. It's dreadful to loose a "special" fish and even worse when you have done everything conceivabley possible to cure the illness. It is normal for you to be beyond considering another fish atm, especially another oranda. Once the shock has passed you will be able to remember creamsicle with fondness and less heartache. Best wishes to both of you.

Archived