Hhmm... I Think I Want A New One

magickzzl

So over the week, my baby McAurther died. :( he was my red white and blue crown tail. I was going to rescue one from the fair, where they were eing sold and mis-handled... but They were out of my price range for a sick betta... ($5+ tax, plus I would have to medicate, and I dont get paid till next fri... )

So I had to stop my a petshop I dont usually go to, to get crickets yesterday, and they had their bettas in terrible little bowls... but no one looked ready to give up, so I figured I shouldnt.... (they keep them in horrible conditions, but the waters always clean, and they sell out fast... so its not as bad as other stores i gues.. :( ) but I asked the lady if they ever get in plakats, because no one around here carries them... and she said she could special order me one! which would be awsome!

or i could go over to the aquatic specialty store, and get a female. So what should I do? wait till some poor betta calls my name, order a plakat which I have been dying for, or get an adorable female? Or just hold off?

XD decisions decisions.

Well, if you see a poor little betta that needs rescuing before the plakat order comes in, and you really want to get it, go for it. But if your plakat arrives before you see a betta that you really want, get the plakat...First come, first serve!! :lol:

Hmm..if I where you...I would choose the heathy betta and write a nice complaint letter that includes complements to the store. You may feel like you're rescuing a betta, which is great, but in the end, you're just paying the store to keep bettas the way they are.

I think I'd go down to the specialty store to buy myself a heathy one and pay them instead, then write a letter to the other one.

But of course, thats just me. I just think so many pet stores need complaint letters.

But do what your heart disires. =P

hhmm... Dont know... the Specialty store gets their bettas (and everything else) in tomarrow... (they even open late, to make sure their fish are comfy in the tanks :D )

I'll see what all they have.

Archived