"upside-down" Swimming

Guest Bigphil

Guest Bigphil

My little baby fantail (Still not named) has a habit if swimming up side down! :krazy:

I would be a little worried :o but the fact is there are now signs of any problems. :)

Water tested fine and together with his mate (Another baby fantail) he seems very happy and lively. It is really great wathing them play together. :rofl They are never more than about an inch apart. I think they are in :heart

Hi BP, it sounds like you have a couple of lovebirds in your midst. :D

I'm glad that your baby fantail seems ok, aside from the upside swimming. How often does she swim upside down and for how long? Does it usually occur a few hours after feeding?

Upside down swimming isn't a normal practice and can lead to real issues if it progress. Please keep an eye on her and note any changes and swimming habits. It may simply be she has a sensitive digestive system or has picked up a minor bug that is causing problems.

I would initially try fasting for a day or two, then feeding peas for a day or two and see if this makes an improvement. It won't hurt for all your fish to fast and eat peas also.

Archived