Getting Sid Today!

x-Lucy-Fish-x

im getting my first betta today! he shall he called sidney.. coz my mum has had many and always called them sid.. i couldnt not carry on the tradition! (sid after sid viscous (spelling!?) if u get it?!)

but yea im goin round all the FSs i can find looking at the ponds aswel and find the perfect sid!

il post pics when i get him!

PICTURES!!! woooh!

iv just realised he looks kinda like the one at the top of the message board thingy!

anyway yer here he is...

Sidney013.jpg

looking beuuuutiful!

Sidney015.jpg

UH HUH!

Sidney008.jpg

helooo there? :rofl

Sidney006.jpg

the tank.. hes hiding from me.. "if i cant see her, shes not there!"

Sidney004.jpg

:angry: he looks angry

well there he is.. my baby!

the past bettas my mums had have all been called sid, but they also had like a bit added, like there was sid the one eyed (a female ate his eye!).. and sid the finless, (i believe a female got angry with him when he kept falling off her when they were mating!)..

well this one has got to be called sid the whimp!! he is such a scaredy cat! i dont know if its coz hes settling in, but he hasnt flared once, i put my finger up to him and hes terrified of it, i gave him a mirror and he either is very clever and knows its him hes looking at.. or hes blind, or he just doesnt care.. or hes ill? but he just hovers there in the water looking, then backs away slowly! :lol:

i found him in a really bad shop too. theres usualy about 20 dead fish (usualy the goldies :( ) and they all have some sort of disease, that was the last time i went in there.. and this time i only went in for food as they are good for dry supplies and it all looked so much better.. they were TREATING!!! yes treating all their sick fish! (goldfish!!).. they must have employed someone with a brain, or one of them grew a brain or they got a strongly worded complaint from a customer! (i was gonna do that one!)

but he looked fine.. the tank he was in looked fine, no dead fish etc.

when my mum saw him she was like wow get that one get that one.. coz his body looks black when hes in different light.

i am a bit worried about him being such a pushover! do you guys think hes ok or ill or just settling in?

i found him in a really bad shop too. theres usualy about 20 dead fish (usualy the goldies  :( ) and they all have some sort of disease, that was the last time i went in there.. and this time i only went in for food as they are good for dry supplies and it all looked so much better.. they were TREATING!!! yes treating all their sick fish! (goldfish!!).. they must have employed someone with a brain, or one of them grew a brain or they got a strongly worded complaint from a customer! (i was gonna do that one!)

but he looked fine.. the tank he was in looked fine, no dead fish etc.

when my mum saw him she was like wow get that one get that one.. coz his body looks black when hes in different light.

i am a bit worried about him being such a pushover! do you guys think hes ok or ill or just settling in?

388942[/snapback]

Now if only the pet store around here got some brains! I think I'll just write them a nice little letter..

What do you mean push over? Mine seemed really shy at first..and didn't move around a lot..he died about a week later. But maybe he's just settling in, or it's his nature. I hope the best for your beautiful fish!

well hes so scared.. hes not aggressive at all, hes scared of my finger and he ignores himself in the mirror, oh dear im worried hes gonna die now... iv put my usual QT treatment in there so that should rid him of any parasites or infections.. spose the only thing to do is wait and see if he just is "Sid the push-over" or "Sid the dead"

He's so pretty!

Don't worry, it might take him some time to get used to his new home. How big is his tank?? It looks really big - some bettas are uncomfortable in larger tanks - like they are out in the open.

Good luck with him though, he's a gorgeous fish.

erm his tank id say is about 3 UK gals 4 US gals?

i just got an african dwarf frog in there with him and he flared at it while it was floating!!! he flared! finaly! he looks so good when he does that.. but he still wont do it to the mirror so i guess hes just good natured! and he hasnt done anything with the froggy since the floating in the bag incident and they are both fine soooo yay!

Congrats :newfish ! That last picture really makes him look like a Sid! That's great! He is very pretty!

Congrats new frog! Now you can call the frog Nancy! :rofl

(Seriously, my cat's middle name is Sid, after Viscious, b/c he bites)!

My Betta Felix (RIP) lived with my two ADFs (Sismigund RIP and Brunnehilde RIP) for two years and they never had any problems. Felix died of old age and the forgs were alone for a while so I decided to ge tthem another betta - enter Fafner - well, Faf never hurt them but he could not live with the frogs and had to get his own tank! He was so intensly curious about them that they were terrified - he would swim right up to them, eyeball to head, and stare at them! THey would not come out from under their rock - not even for food.

So, in my experience, ADF and Bettas do work - just depends ont he pair. I hope it stays copacetic! (If not, I am getting ready to sell a 3g tank...)

Archived