Water Current - 2 Aquaclear Mini's On 15gallon

PaNdeM0niuM

i'm planning on getting some bubble-eyes.

I was wondering will 2 aquaclear Mini's on a 15 gallon be too strong

for them??

1 aquaclear MINI filters 100gallons per/hour

i'm not worried about the intake - i have covered it with a sponge.

I'm just worried that the waterfall may produce too much current ??

what do u think??

I think you should go for it. The outflow from 2 mini's is quite mild and it'll be just over what's optimal for your tank - especially if you want 10x the gph.... You'll have an extra 50gph to make them even happier :D

Well, an auquclear mini is strong enough for a tank up to 20 gallons. I have one on my ten gallon, and it does a great job! I would be kind of worried that the suction may be too strong for their bubble eyes. I wouldn't want their bubbles to get stuck to the filter or anything...

Besides the suction, there is also the worry that bubble eyes are not as strong of swimmers than most other goldfish. The bubbles are a big part of that problem, especially if they are bigger. They can't swim against a strong current all that long, so if you go for 2 of the minis, make sure there is some sort of hiding spot in the tank.

A pair of bigger rocks, a few silk plants, even a terra cotta pot laid on its side will give excellent oportunity for your bubble eye to rest up quietly.... :)

To a degree, yes, but it only goes so low. Might not be low enough for a bubble eye, though... :unsure:

Archived