Fish On Tank Bottom

Guest lfsny

Hi. I have three different type? goldfish. Two are just simple feeder goldfish that have grown quite large( one white, one is gold) and the other is black with bulgy eyes.. For the past two weeks or so they have all been sitting together on the tank floor. I noticed today the black goldfish's coat looks cloudy. And under his mouth there is a bloody color. the big goldfish has this as well but his coat seems normal. I am not a fish expert and have never taken water samples. The fish have always just survived. they are over two years old. i have absolutely no clue what to do for them. Should i change the water right away? it was changed about a week and ahalf ago. The tank is 10 gallon with a whisper 20 filter, I think.

Hola~ wow did I just speak spanish? Let's see hmm Konbanwa desu~ wow now I speak japanese.

Ok now back to work :P What was I going to say? Oh yes, you are overstalked my friend. Per fishy should have a ten gallon tank to themselves. Take a sample of fish water and tap water to your fish store and get the water tested--get the numbers and post back here. If you wanted to change the water--mayble a 1--20% would be ok til we have more detail. Any other symptoms? Treated for anything recenting?

Thank you for answering my questions. I had the water tested and everything was fine except the saline was down. Just like you said, they told me the fish had outgrown their tank. I moved them to a 20 gallon. How long do you think they will take to get better..or will they ever. I was told the red blood color on the fish is hemoraging but the black one (goldfish) has a tattered tail. Will the bigger tank help any of my fishies problems?

Ok first off go back to the store with a sample of fish water and antoerh sample of tap water. Have him right down the numbers and tel us the numbers. From the blood, I am going to have to say its more than what he is letting on. I just don't like the sounds of what you are saying. I think there may be a parasite or bacteria. Let's get the water readings in mean time do a 20% water change and salt the tank. Aquarium salt or All natural sea salt is good. 1 teaspoon per gallon of whater. for 3 days. brings to a .03%

Archived