Wakin In My Lfs!

d_golem

I really like this particular LFS. They seem to know a LOT about fish keeping and they always got the best GFs. Just yesterday I went there and they got a bradn new batch of baby bubble-eyes and celestials, and baby wakins!!! they even named them correctly, not mistaking them for commons or comets :blink: that was the first time i ever saw any wakins in Perth :D

Wow! Wakins in australia that's FANTASTIC! you've got to get some! Dare I ask how much your lfs was asking for them? I'm always on the look out for rare specimens in australia, I'm still waiting for Jikins to get imported! and imaging if we one day get frogheads here! oh, I can DREAM!!! :D

due to my excitement, i forgot to note the price of those wakins :rolleyes: but i'm sure not more than A$10.

when they got jikins or any of the rare GF to Perth, i'm sure the above mentioned LFS will get them first ;)

i'll ask them if they import to eastern states if u want some wakins, TiO

and just some of the goldies the LFS has (warning-pics overload :D a bit trigger-happy today):

baby pearlscales

babypearlies1.jpg

baby bubble eyes & celestials! :heart i fancy my chances there's a froghead in there somewhere

bubbleyecelestial1.jpg

bubbleyecelestial2.jpg

bubbleyecelestial3.jpg

baby calico ryukins :yeah:

calicoryukin1.jpg

calicoryukin2.jpg

gorgeous comets!

bigcomet1.jpg

bigcomet2.jpg

glad u guys enjoyed them :lol:

I was a little anxious bringing my camera in the store and asking permission to take pics, but they said "ok" straight away and even more the owner chatted to me and talked about a lot of stuff e.g. where he got the fishies, how often, etc. i shoulda took more pics but those ones probably enuff :D

*dies* OMG theose comets are absolutely stunning!!! I NEED one!!!! I can't take it...my poor heart.... *Dies again*

All of those goldfish look so healthy and pretty...I wish the stores around here were even 1/100th of that quality..actually, I just wish they weren't infested with parasites and other ickies. *sniff*

Thank d-golem! Your lfs sure is spectacular, they've got a great selection of high qual goldies! I'll have to go visit when I'm in Perth! If you're ever in Melbourne you should check out St Kilda aquarium and there's another one on Victoria St in Richmond, but I can't remember their name, they also have some fantastic goldfish, their importers really dig Ranchu so they often have a great selection of your faves!

The wakins are great! and Oh for some of those cute little baby bubble eyes! I'm so in LOVE! :heart I got a couple of those baby pearlscales at my lfs, and have noticed them around in a few fish stores in Melbourne, there must have been a big shipment of them over here recently, they're great, perfect little spheres! about the size of a macadamia nut! The way they swim is soo cute, madly wriggling their tail to project themselves...

I'll certainly will contact you TiO if i ever visit melbourne (maybe not in a too distant future affter all) and u gotta show me around ;) maybe to a goldfish farm or two if u know any

this hobby is making me checking out every nearby LFS (and more fuel expense gaaahh) :lol: i must been to about a dozen or more LFS since i joined this forum a month ago :D

lol! it's great isn't it? I love this hobby! Although, not too excited by our petrol prices at the moment, I'm so glad that I only have to walk to our lfs. Our car's been dead for a month, but we haven't really minded about getting it fixed! We're kind of saving money by being forced onto public transport! Let us know when you're coming to Melb, I'll use anything as an excuse to go goldfish shopping!

Archived