Goodbye My Babies

Well, my three goldies found a new home, and I dont feel good about it AT all. She called the house, and Ryan picked up and told her she could have the goldfish. She claims she has a 120 gallon and everything with goldies in it. Well, she calls to get directions from me about 1/2 hour ago, and before she hangs up she says she going to her moms with them, and they will go in her tank entil she leaves there, and then back in the rubber maid and then into her tank....

Well i didnt feel too good about that. She shows up. She seems really nice, but clueless. Very CLUELESS. I tried talking with her about them, to really see what she knew, and she knew like nothing. She was lookin in the tank and saying "oh u have such pretty fish" and i was like yeah the nitrates spiked to 160 cause of the overcrowding, and she just gave me this blank stare... then i noticed she was just hurrying, like she didnt want me to say anymore cause she had no idea what i was saying, and before she walks out, she goes "hopefully they'll be ok overnight in this, they should be" and kinda laughed, and left..... My poor babies......... :cry1 She better take good care of them, or im gonna go knocking on her door!!

Now my tank has 5 goldies in it. My 5 babies I have left. I have my panda butterfly, my two ryukins, my shubby and my lionhead :( they seem like they really miss the other three. Here are pix I took of the three yesturday

goldfish1.jpg

goldfish3.jpg

goldfish2.jpg

Thanks.... I still miss them tho.... Im worried about them. I just should have like not answered the door or something. I know thats mean.. but still.

Not much I can do now though. Arent they cute though? I really loved them. I remember one thing she did say, when I said the nitrate thing, was that when she had a problem, she just went to vvvv to have them tell her what to buy to fix it... I dont think that sounded right... I think she said it cause she like had no idea what I was talking about, so was trying to sound like she knew something.. I dont know... but i know she knew nothing. I even told her about koko's and everything, and she didnt seem to care much. :cry1 I have her number tho, so I'll call to check on them.

:( Well,that's very unfortunate for the fish,isn't it? :( Sorry,But I think personally,they would have never left my home after I met her. That's almost like flushing the fish to me..Not trying to be mean-just kind of how I feel about it personally.

See, im the type that cant be mean, plus Ryan was here. He was the one who told her she could have them... No matter how much I told him she knew nothing before she even came, he kept saying she was getting them... So even if I would have said something... he would have given them to her. :cry1

Now I feel even worse :cry1:cry1:cry1

Jess~ I knew that you were having to get rid of a few fish today, Sorry I know it's gotta be tough to do that. :(

The lady did seem kina clueless but maybe since she was taking them to her moms house they will be okay..Maybe her mom knows something about fish. Sounds like her mom might have more knowledge about fish.

I think it was better for you to put them up for adoption rather than leave your tank overcrowded..It's better than having the other fish get stressed out from the nitrites spiking up like that.

Don't worry about it too much, I don't think that you did anything wrong...In my eyes you were just looking to make sure your fish stay happy and healthy! :)

Im so sorry Jessica...I know you feel really bad about it right now, but you had to make an "executive decision" and you made the one you thought was best. Sometimes it's hard, and you want to reconsider, but in the end hopefully you'll feel confident in the one you made. And if you don't, you've learned what not to do next time. I think you made the best decision you knew to make at the time. Maybe now that you have the experiance, next time you'll go about it in a way that you feel more confident about. Your in my prayers girl. :heart *hugs*

Awww.... Im sure it will be alright.... if its been running for 3 years, perhaps she knows what she's doing, just not in tequincal terms. Thats kinda how I was with my old tank... had it going and kept my dear Fred for 12 years with out knowing what nitrates, nitrites and ammounia was.... Im sure I did alot of things wrong, but it hink 12 is a ripe old age

I'm sadden to hear that situation, I hope that in teh future you will be able to better screen the person(s) you give your babies too. I hope that your goldies are well taken care of!

Archived