Just A Personality Thing?

Guest Zyenthillias

Guest Zyenthillias

I have one goldfish (large ryukin) that's always been more skittish than the others. Ever since I bought her. She's quite healthy overall; shows no signs of illness, but she spooks more easily than any of the other fish. Say, if I lean in closer to the tank, she'll be the one to quickly swim away, where fish 1/4 her size are totally unphased. Sometimes she'll panic for no apparent reason, even! I'm just wondering if this is simply part of her personality; if anyone else has a fish like this.

It could be just her. I have one that does that. He has never really gotten use to people and is always acting that way. I would make sure that the water quality is perfect and as long as she only does this quick movement when you approach and not any other times then it is most likely her.

If she does this occasionally for no reason then there could be a problem with parasites. Keep an eye out.

it's definitely a personality thing...some fish are peopel friendly, some are owner friendly and some are too shy for any viewing good...lol

I have had some fish that could tell the difference from me and anyone else that came in my room and acted accordingly...

I used to have a fish, Mackenzie, that was the exact same way. I thought over time that it would fade away, and it never did. She just never completely warmed up. It's kinda sad when that happens, but i tried everything I knew to get her to warm up to me as well as her tankmates, and it never worked. :cry1 But I loved her all the same, she was a cute little gal.

Guest Zyenthillias

Yeah...now that you mention it, I DID get her when she was a good 5" or so, so maybe she just hasn't gotten used to being in a different "home". (I did wonder about her, since she's the biggest one in the tank)...but that's a good point. Aren't personalities fun? :lol1:rolleyes:

Archived