How Many White Cloud Minnows/ Dojo Loaches

Guest d1greenfish

Guest d1greenfish

'ello 'ello! I had a question about stocking my tank. I currently have a 120gal tank stocked with 3x4" orandas, a 3" telescope, and a 2" rubbernosed plec. I know a general rule of thumb is to have about 10gal/fancy GF. But i was wondering if there's a similar rule that pertains white cloud minnows and for dojo loaches. I'd like to get a small group of the minnows and 2-3 of the weather loaches. But i don't want to overstock as i'm still planning on getting 1 or 2 more GF. So any info or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks! :D Also i know all the above listed fish are compatible with goldfish, but are they also compatible with each other?

You are fine regarding the stocking as the tank is large and the minnows dont have that great a bio load so wont interfere with the filter.

BUT.... with the size of the goldies it may be hard to introduce small fast fish that the goldies will try to eat. Saying that though, the little ones are fast and the fancies slow and after the initial chasing the goldies will realise they cant catch them and give up, though you may lose one or two at the beginning, so get 6 to cover bases. Have plenty of planting for the little ones to hide in case it gets a bit much for them.

The dojos will be fine. :)

Please quarantine new fish

I have a 200 gallon with 30 white cloud minnows (albino, yellow and normal colour) and 5 fancy goldfish. I bought 3 minnows but they bred in their initial tank. The ones left in that tank bred again and I think I have 500 new babies at the moment :(

It's so nice to see the minnows following the goldfish when they go trough the gravel. They follow them like a cloud of little fish following a shark to see if any food is sturred up by the goldfish. Initially the goldfish wanted to eat the minnows, and they ate some, but now they just coexist in peace.

I also have white clouds in my 66 gallon goldfish tank, and the goldfish never ate any of them. The tank is heavily planted, though.

The goldfish now just ignore the white clouds.

Dojo loaches are great fish and really fun to have in a tank :) I love it when they perch themselves up in a plant and survey their kingdom :lol:

Archived