Moving My Fish & Going On Vacation

akk0415

I need to move my fish tonight and because of circumstances beyond my control for the moment, I will have to leave 2 small and 1 medium goldie in a 10 gallon tank for 4 days without any assistance for them. I am moving them 15 minutes away. Any suggestions? I don't have much time to pull this off.

do u have zip lock bags?

or a rubbermaid

or hey a big salad bowl!

15 mins is ok they will be fine

as for having 2 small and 1 medium goldie in a 10 gallon tank for 4 days

that may be a problem

the amonia will rise :(

If I lived near you I would take care of them!

Is the tank cycled?

wish I could do more

so u gonna move the 3 fishes with the 10-gal tank altogether? should be easy if u got enuff plastic bags. just all the water u need & the fish in as many plastic bags that u need, tie them tight, transport them, put them all in the 10 gal tank. that's what i can think of from the top of my head though. other than that, 4 days without assistance shouldn't be a prob for ur fish.

The tank is cycled and I am hoping it will adjust quickly to the new load. I plan on floating my biowheel in hopes that my colony will survive. I hate having to do this but I have no choice. My husband asked me to leave and I have a trip planned that I desperately need. I was going to keep them in 1/4 tank of water if I could carry it for the short trip in the car. I estimate the weight will be about 40 lbs. I am hoping I can handle that alone with my daughter hovering around me. Then I will fill it and have a good day to watch the levels and do a water change before I leave if necessary. I think I may supplement with some biospira too. They will be some hungry kids when I return that's for sure. 4 days is too long in my opinion. :(

Archived