Fotos Of My Fishies!

rokki

fav fishyfishy tank!butterfly plecfish tank stand

I took fotos of my fishy's!!! They're not much cop tho, bit blurry, could do with some tips as I'd like to try again!

BTW the cupboard housing the tank was made by my bloke all by himself!! He's so cool. Bit scary tho cos he looks a lot like the piccy of toothless! :huh:

Awwwww - your little guys are precious :heart I especially love the first pic :D

Sounds like your fella's a bit of a handyman ...... :)

Maybe Paul's been moonlighting? And now you simply MUST post a pic, I wanna seeeeeee :D

:heart Awww, thanks everyone....and I'll try and see if i can re-create the 'toothless pose' with my bloke and send a foto in!! (it would be funny but will have to work on him to get him to see the funny side and let me take a foto!!!)

He's brill with his hands (!) making stuff out of wood that is.... ;)

I forgot my dog was in one of the pictures!! He's such a poser, as soon as the camera's out he wants to get in there! And he's probly a bit jealous of all the attention by goldies get :rolleyes: But he's my original baby...

He loves the smell of the fish food and tries to lick my fingers after i've fed them (eeww!). And i used to feed him cooked fish but dont seem to have the heart now I've got fishys of my own! How daft is that! :D

My fish store were selling them as 'cold water plecs' , however since then i've discovered that really he's not a plec at all, he's a Hillside Loach, but a common name for them is also 'butterfly plec'. He's fab, would recommend one if you've not got something like that already. He's happy in cold water, and just needs the filter air turned a bit higher 'cos they like the current, and lots of air - and these are all things my fishy's like too! They dont bother each other either - and he's amazing to watch (they're suprisingly fast and he 'flies' around the tank!)

I love my fish!!!

Nice pics. I believe you have a hillstream loach aka: butterfly plecs. They get along well with goldies. I've been looking for one for a while. Can't wait to get one. How do you feed it without the goldies gobbling all the food first?

Yeah, first time i tried giving him those algae wafer things the goldies got it before he did! :rolleyes: I dont think they need much food as they eat any algae they can find. He's got a piece of bogwood in the tank which they chew on, and he eats any algae that crops up, also, the're gaps under the bogwood where the fish cant reach, and he uses it as his hidey place, so about once a week i'll drop a wafer in and push it under there so he can eat it in peace! He'll also munch on zucchini as well, the goldfish will go for it first but they seem to get a bit bored when they've eaten the middle, and he'll then finish it off! However, even only putting in stuff for him once a week, he'll often not eat it all so i dont think they need much food.

A tip someone on this site gave me was to make sure lots of air in tank, and to turn up the air on my filters, and point it to the side of the tank so there was an area of fast current as their natural habitat is fast flowing aerated streams.

I'd definately recommend one tho - he's great, really interesting to watch, and he comes out every evening for us! The fish dont bother with him, and i've never seen him go after the fish, but apparently if a fish gets sick, sometimes they'll attach themselves to the fish and suck off their slime coat!! I think this might only apply to proper plecs tho...

• 1 month later...

ooooooo pretty fishy! Is he a calico? I had seen some calicos that are all orange with some black spots and I think those are neat looking. Something different from the normal white, blue, black and red.

Archived