Tubiflex Worms

littleone78

My goldies love em :D I give 1/4 cube per fish too.I think a cube is a bit too much for 1 fish :) My betta on the otherhand,spits it all back out.I think he doesn't like it :blink: He loves bloodworms though!

My fish love them too, i stick a cube or two to the side of the glass (once they're a bit wet, you can push them onto the glass and they should stick) and watch the fishies come up to them grabbing the worms! Cute! :D

I usually tear one in half & stick it on the side of the tank! (My fish are pigs but I find that a whole one just seems to "melt" into the tank (or while getting ripped apart) & get sucked up into the filter. It seems that 1/2 of one gets mostly consumed!

:huh: Jeana

I tried the sticking it to the glass thing too...problem was it did not stick!

Freds got a big mouth...no probs he just had to chew for ages

but poor Mullow....he grabed it and tried to swallow it and it got stuck!!!!!!!!!!!! he was stting at the bottom chewing a good 10 mins and by then I had got the tweezers out..he looked distresed

all these mini worms poking out his mouth and his mouth was sooo full!

as he grabbed it straight away it did not have time to get water in it, so it sweeled up in his mouth :(

Just before I tried to catch him he spat a hap out...silly bugger then tried to gobble them back with a full mouth!

well he got thru it....but now for all 3 of my goldies I use 1/4 cube and i crumble it in a littel container of tank water, let sit 3 mins then drop them in

That way they chase the individual worms around......fun to watch and no choking :)

Hmmm..... must experiment I guess.... I worry about my Cody though, I held a Mandarin orange in the tank and he attacked it - ended up with half the orange in his mouth - he was chewing for well over 10 mins, but showed no distress, so I just let him work it out on his own. I just worry that he might have a hard time with the worms... Maybe I will do what LMF suggested....

well that was just my own esperience..they did not stick!

Give it a go and see...if they stick to the glass long enough to swel up your goldies will love pulling the worms off

If it dos not stick...then maybe crumble and soak it.

Goldies are pigs with food....so it really depends on if they gonna grab it straight away

mine now take the food off a sppon and Fred is now taking it from my fingernail..he not sure of a whole hand yet but I am slowely trainng him

d_golem ######!

do you now if it is illegal to ship them?

If its ok i would be willing to get them for you and post them to you

387362[/snapback]

?? what's with the "######"? :blink:

nah it's ok LMF i'm just at that stage where i'm always looking for new LFSs to get look at & compare prices :D

ahh tubifex worms = black worms??

if that's the case then i know one LFS that got them :lol:

u sure they're safe? i did a go0gle search and glimpsed something like "feeding them tubifex worms is the same like asking them to die..." :(

I usually just tear one in half, dunk it in the tank water until moist then it will stick to the side. But usually Big Boy comes along a grabs the whole wad anyway. Then he'll sit somewhere with 'em sticking out of his mouth! As we all know Goldies Are Pigs!! :exactly

Well, I tried it.... it wouldn't stick to the tank, but it stuck wonderfully to my finger! So, I just dangled my hand in the tank for a while. Then I let it float around. It kept getting stuck against the filter intake - but have no fear, Cody yanked it right off each time.

A quarter of a cube was still too much for him, I ended up taking about half of that out of the tank after about an hour. He spent a lot of time chewing.

My betta just looked it if floating around the tank, watched it get sucked into the filter and went about his business.... he is such a pain!!

LOL littleone78 I guess your betta was not impressed hehe.

Im glad Cody liked them :)

At least you know now that you can hand feed them to Cody..thats cool!

Yes i found 1/4 cube more then enough for one fish...its amazing how many little worms are actually in a cube once it swells with water.

Also I sometimes just let one soak in a little tank water in a cup. When it's all broke up in pieces I dump it in for a feeding frenzy!

Archived