Scales Are Missing...

Anic

Ever since I put all the goldies in the big tank, I've noticed that almost every one of them is missing a few scales. I put stress coat in the tank before I put them in to help, and now more scales are missing.

Does anyone know what is causing this???

P.S. This is off-topic, but I almost bought an Oranda today! He was really sluggish, so I didn't buy him....

I am going to move your thread to the diagnsis section. We will need you to answer all the questions at the top of the page.

Next do you have a pleco? If so what kind? Common plecos along with others have been known to suck the gf.

Guest Chishower

Do you have any rough ornaments or anything in the tank they could have rubbed them off on? Are your fish getting along, or is one bullying the others?

No, I don't have any rough ornaments, just some fake and real plants and rocks. They're all getting along like they normally do.

Yes, I have a common Pleco but he isn't much bigger than 3 inches. All the goldies are bigger than him except for 3 (the Rosy Reds and my little feeder).

I can't do a param thing because I don't have any test kits. Mom is picking me up after school tomorrow, I'll see if she'll take me to get one. I would do a water change ASAP, but my mom and her boyfriend keep telling me not to because it wouldn't be good for the fish. Her boyfriend keeps saying that I'm over-feeding them (which I'm not. Same as when they were in the other tank).

Also, I noticed last night that Mutt has a sore on his head. I think it's from his bubble surfing because he always has his head against the glass when he does it.

Your mom and her friend are wrong about the water changing. Changes have to be done every week (once the tank is cycled) to control it. When a tank is cycling changes are needed based on what the tests reveal and that is usually once a day sometimes twice.

Ok, the water is in the process of being changed. I should have done it last night because I went in to look at the fish and one of the Rosy Reds was stuck on the filter. Poor little guy :( .... anyway, I inspected his body and he was fine, no cuts, sores, nothing missing. He was just a little bloated (no scales sticking out). I'm going to be going with my aunt over the weekend for my grandma's b-day, but the fish will be fed.

Um, I'll put Mutt back in the big tank, put Kasem in an individual tank and put the pleco in the 10 gal, I guess. I'll leave him in for a few weeks. Will that be ok? I'm leaving in an hour, so any response before then would be much liked!

Archived