Strange Growth... Fungal?

Graham

Hi Everyone - Fafner has recovered form his mysterious head bump and subsequent bout of popeye - appears to have retained cision in that eye.

Last night, I noticed a ball of food colored fuzz attached to his fin - completely surrounding it! One the ventral fins almost at teh end of it. It was very weird. It definitley was not food that was caught on it... I plopped some Maracyn Plus in there and went to bed. It was gone this morning - I got the immunodeficient fish!

He lives alone in his own (brand new - so no inherited dieases) 3 gallon tank with a small power filter (Eclipse 3 tank) with a charcoal filter. He gets once wekly water changes, sometimes 5 days apart instead of seven. I notice there is a lot of debris in his tank even though he eats everything I give him! He eats Hikari pellets - four or five a day total but fed twice daily. I vaccum the gravel. HE has only been in that tank for one month! I checked the water - normal stats all around!

I am going to remove the gravel. Maybe I will take out the plastic plant, too? Could it be affecting him? Is he allergic to plastic maybe? What do you suggest?

Hmmm...how strange...I don't know what could be causing all the debris... I feed my bettas Hikari as well, but I only give them 2 pellets each, 6 days a week. Their bowls are always clean. Are you overfeeding him? :huh:

Do you think four/five pellets a day is too much? He is very active and he is always so hungry... he eats each pellet as I put it in - I think he is sensitive to his own poo! I know that sounds craxy... but maybe I should feed him Medi-Gold?

Sandy! That's it exactly! Thanks for taking the time to do all that research - what a FABU sight - I have inmy favs already and will look at it more tonight.

Fafner will get a full water change and new filter cartridge tonight and I will remove the stones that are probably trapping debris - what little there is...

Another dose of Maracyn Plus tonight asa it seemed to help - and then

Tomorrow, some Maroxy *kicking myself for not getting it last week when I was at the store*!

Question is, givent he circumstances (pretty good), why does he keep getting sick?! I'd like to prevent this from recurring... Any ideas?

Or should I change his name to David - wasn't that the name of the Boy in the Bubble? :o

PS Krisy - you cracking me up babes! :tomuch

Thank you and Fish Fanatic for your concern! I know he will fine but it sure is frustrating when you don't know what you are doing wrong! :exactly

Archived