I Love My Snail!

Devs

• 2 weeks later...

Holy cow Sharon that thing is huge!! She will soon outgrow that tank at the rate she is growing! Man, I have to hand it to you, you must give her excellent care.

I love the picture of her in your hand. Will she get bigger?

In person,her foot isn't what you'd think as dark- like your insularum was,and when she was younger she was a lot whiter looking so maybe it has darkened to a certain degree,but looking at her in person it still looks light to me,if that makes sense. Laurie,I thought She was done growing when I got her back,but there's alot of shell growth since then. :rolleyes: I thought they only got so big but Chewys like the Energizer Bunny-She just keeps on ticking(growing) :rofl Believe it or not,there's a wonderful lady on the AppleSnail Forum named Joyce that use to have one female named Barney that was HUGE!!! I wish I knew how big so I could compare Chewy to her.Joyce's snail has since passed,but she's got a lot of Barney Children & Barney's grandchildren all over the country.Could you see Chewy mating with one of them????? :o I'll have to see if I can find a pic of Barney!

:lol: Della,Chewy is probably Gary's Mother!!! :yikes:rofl3 Chewy was originally mine-then I gave her to Heather for a while,and I've had her back since around March. Fishbuddy,you haven't heard any mating news because I have kept Chewy away from the boys.She's now living a Nun's life! :rofl

OH MY!! Well that explains a lot about "GARY" I suppose.... :lol: He's a total BEAST I'm telling ya!! This boy runs over anything and everything in the tank!! He cracks me up though.... :rofl I love him to death already!!

Chewy sure looks happy though :) She's a Ham for the camera... :heart

Sharon how cruel to keep her from some fun!!! And lets see we have to keep that line going, not everyday do you come across a snail like that!!

I wanted to ask how long do they normally live?

Here are pics that you posted of her in June

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=30621

She looks much better then, not nearly as bad as now. So please, don't blame me, your own photos prove it's not my fault.

Can't blame Heather for everything.

Edited by eather.hey

but from what I've seen,it always seems like the "Big Ones" ARE THE GIRLS! :lol:

407345[/snapback]

same here devs....my biggest ones are girls the itty bitty boys look kinda funny riding around on em all day! :D

:lol: Chewy is an Apple Snail,but not a Brig.She's actually a Cana,who obviously get bigger than Brigs. As for having babies in the UK,I'm not actually sure-I'll have to ask my daughter.I know that they're in Canada,and all over the good ole USA! :rofl