I Love My Snail!

Devs

• 2 weeks later...

Holy cow Sharon that thing is huge!! She will soon outgrow that tank at the rate she is growing! Man, I have to hand it to you, you must give her excellent care.

I love the picture of her in your hand. Will she get bigger?

In person,her foot isn't what you'd think as dark- like your insularum was,and when she was younger she was a lot whiter looking so maybe it has darkened to a certain degree,but looking at her in person it still looks light to me,if that makes sense. Laurie,I thought She was done growing when I got her back,but there's alot of shell growth since then. :rolleyes: I thought they only got so big but Chewys like the Energizer Bunny-She just keeps on ticking(growing) :rofl Believe it or not,there's a wonderful lady on the AppleSnail Forum named Joyce that use to have one female named Barney that was HUGE!!! I wish I knew how big so I could compare Chewy to her.Joyce's snail has since passed,but she's got a lot of Barney Children & Barney's grandchildren all over the country.Could you see Chewy mating with one of them????? :o I'll have to see if I can find a pic of Barney!

Just stumbled across this thread!!

Devs~ Chewy is adorable, What a monster....Is she any relation to Gary that I got from Heather? I know that Erikka's snaily is a cuz to mine...George I believe.

Anyways she's quite the photgentic snaily!! I am loving her!! :):heart

:lol: Della,Chewy is probably Gary's Mother!!! :yikes:rofl3 Chewy was originally mine-then I gave her to Heather for a while,and I've had her back since around March. Fishbuddy,you haven't heard any mating news because I have kept Chewy away from the boys.She's now living a Nun's life! :rofl

OH MY!! Well that explains a lot about "GARY" I suppose.... :lol: He's a total BEAST I'm telling ya!! This boy runs over anything and everything in the tank!! He cracks me up though.... :rofl I love him to death already!!

Chewy sure looks happy though :) She's a Ham for the camera... :heart

Sharon how cruel to keep her from some fun!!! And lets see we have to keep that line going, not everyday do you come across a snail like that!!

I wanted to ask how long do they normally live?

but from what I've seen,it always seems like the "Big Ones" ARE THE GIRLS! :lol:

407345[/snapback]

same here devs....my biggest ones are girls the itty bitty boys look kinda funny riding around on em all day! :D

:lol: Chewy is an Apple Snail,but not a Brig.She's actually a Cana,who obviously get bigger than Brigs. As for having babies in the UK,I'm not actually sure-I'll have to ask my daughter.I know that they're in Canada,and all over the good ole USA! :rofl

Archived