I Love My Snail!

Devs

Guest Chishower

Awwww...I remember seeing pictures of her a long time ago!

She is huge! Not to mention how big that fish it. :o

I'll bet she is a spoiled snail...

:rofl Marmalade sees Chewy,and become her shadow.Thing is ,that I was putting cooked veggies in there for Chewy & she was eating them all,and floating afterwards(Pig Face Overeater) I recently just started puttin in Raw Veggies.She still tries to eat it,but not near as much.Any way,I had this ingenious idea that with all the veggies/algae wafers/snail Cookies,etc,that somehow Chewy would leave em alone.Here's the proof of how wrong I was.This is/was the Last strand (of 6) Cabomba,that I put in there last night! :roflDSCF4305.jpg

Holy Mackeral! That is COOL! I LOVE that picture of Chewy and Marmelade eating like Lady and the Tramp! I fianlly spotted Sakuraba-San (my hitchiker new snail that came as a gift on a plant :teehee ) - I was so proud to see that he grew! He doubled his size - he is now almost (but not quite) one centimeter! :rofl It is amazing that he did nto get thrown out with the bag! Maybe one day he will be as big as Chewy!

How long have you had Chewy and how much has he grown?! I have never seen a snail that big in my life! How long can they live? Amazing! :D

I've had Chewy for about 1 1/2 years.She was with someone else for a while but since she's come back,she's been growing again.Chewy's kind of famous because she's got babies all over the country! :exactly:lol:

• 1 month later...

:o Chewy is HUGE.... My god, I can't believe it. Her shell is horrible though, but canas IMO have more character when they're like that, and as we can see, she's certainly healthy!!! My goodness, I HOPE her son gets that big.... does anyone know if sex is a determining factor in size with apple snails?

Oh, and Sharon, has her foot always been that dark? George's foot is much lighter than that. Or maybe it's age, eh? Anyway, good to see pics of the ol' girl... she's definely a legend in her own time!!!!! :heart

:heart I love her no matter how bad she looks.She came back to me that way,so there wasn't much that I could do about her shell.All it takes is low ph,and it's amazing just how fast a snails shell can get yucky. When I got those tons of Snails off of Woodle on Aquabid,I was having a hard time adjusting ph because the tank was always around 6.8-7. All those guys are doing fine now,but their shells are always gonna look bad from that 1st couple weeks/months of trying to get things right.Chewy actually looked tons better than Boyfriend and her other snaily guy,which by the way,they both passed on within a month of each other. :( Those guys were nowhere near as big as Chewy. Going by life span they give snails,I guess it shouldn't have been a surprise,but it still really upst me. We'll have to ask Donya,but from what I've seen,it always seems like the "Big Ones" ARE THE GIRLS! :lol: