Fish Store...

gialeigh

I went to the lfs yesterday and wanted to buy a test kit. The guy there said I only needed the ammonia test for fish and that the rest of the tests in the kit was useless. He said PH and all that doesnt matter for goldfish. That they will live no matter what PH. I was thinking yeah maybe they will survive, but my point of having goldfish is not to just keep them alive, its for them to THRIVE. I think maybe this guy didnt know what he was talking about.

He was very misinformed. Not only can Ph kill but nitrites as well. Nitrates can cause severe illness in fish, especially gf with SBD.

Unfortunetly this person needs not to be in the fish department since he knows nothing.

You are wise to question the experts here, believe me you need those tests.

I think that you should file a complaint and put his name in it...lol

I have had some sales people that new nothing about goldfish, and it saddens me. I think they are just there to make a buck and not have the fish in interests

This was in a tiny privatly owned store. They had mostly fish and some rodents and birds. This place looks a little dumpy, but the fish in their aquariums usually look pretty healthy. Yeah I thought this guy would know more. He says he has been keeping fish for years, but I dont think he knows much about it. The owner is never around, but im not so sure what he knows either.

That is odd! I would think they would at least want you to buy stuff! The more you buy, the better for them... but, maybe they make too much money?! :rofl

If I didn't know, I would at least say so and not tell a customer the wrong thing!

I wonder how there fish stay looking good? :unsure: I hope you find a better store!

Out of 6 LFS near m place, only one which has knowledgeable staff, the owners are fish nuts also :D and they got grade A black thai ranchu nyahaha :lol: well above grade A there's AA, AAA, and Showclass though but it's still very cool :yeah:

If you lived in NY the water is actually pretty darn good for goldfishes, they can actually thrive here with just frequent water changes and no filter at all! that is if you're starting the process of green water.

387089[/snapback]

No filter?!

Archived