Moving Day

LuvMuhFred

Well it is Freds moving day :)

however it is only 12.49am so I am not moving him yet :)

will do it after I get sleep and take kids to school then I can watch them all day and make sure things go fine.

I am so excited!!!!!!!!!! (does not help the sleep factor lol)

My baby finally goes from 6 gal to 40 gal! wow he is gonna LOVE it!

hehe thanks hun!

excited here too :) I tell you what I have to go to bed just to get rid of the hours..plus I am out of smokes...not good :(

It is now 1.33am in Oz

to get a ticker go to http://www.tickerfactory.com

you make it online and no need to registar or even give an email addy :) its cool

when you try to paste the code in yopur sig, dont use the code for the board..it wont work as dynamic pages are not allowed. Instead take the HTML code they give you..that works..I found that out by trial and error.

After Freds move I will have to do a new ticker, for Coco Chanels move when she is out of QT :)

Fred will be very excited about going to a new tank especially that much bigger than he used to..will you give him anything that he is familar with in the new tank from his old tank?

What a happy fish Fred is going to be.

----BTW I love that you named a fish Coco Chanel. It just automatically makes me think of beauty and class. B)

I can't wait to hear how much Fred loves his new tank! Can you post pictures?

I am curently reducing the size of the pics in photoshop so will post them soon :)

will you give him anything that he is familar with in the new tank from his old tank?

No he bern in hospital so the bowl is bare, just a heater. There is the same heater in new tank so that will be familiar in a way.

----BTW I love that you named a fish Coco Chanel. It just automatically makes me think of beauty and class.  B)

Thanks! that is the exact reason my daughter chose the name.

Well things went GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Preparation:

pasta bowl to put Fred in for assimilation

test kits

river rocks

3 cigarettes and 2 cups of coffe :krazy: LOL

First I tested all params to make sure the ph and the temp of the tank water were the same as what Fred was in, they were spot on

no amonia, no nitrItes and nitrAte at 10

so we good to go

Next I placed Fred in pasta bowl in half his water and added half tank water. he has never been in water with nitrAtes before so I wanted to slowely introduce him.

While he was assimilating I added the river rocks and redecorated slightly so things were a bit "different" to hopefully get Mullow less teritorail (sp)

Anoter 2 smokes and cup of coffee

Then Fred went in

WOW! :heart at first he sat there in one corner staring at the top as if to say "errr hello thats a long way to the top"

Then he slowely started to explore that corner

In the meantime Mullow was exploring the new decor and ignored him.

After 10 mins Fred was all over the tank sucking on all the leaves of the plants all the rocks, the themometer and heater. Mouth wide open sucking on everything including the glass, tail wiggling, noticable excited.

Finally mullow saw Fred and was very curious but as soon as he got within a few inches of Fred and Fred turned around Mullow darted off so fast I hardly saw him move.He was scared of Fred instead!

Fred tried to chase him mouth open and I thought OMG he's gonna eat him :o but Mullow is so fast Fred does not stand a chance.

Now they been in there about 45mins and getting along fine, playing hide and seek LOL

I am soooooooooooooo relieved!

Well hide and seeks over and Mullow is no longer scared. now he is chasing Fred. He is also nudging him and either nipping or kissing but his mouth is making contact with freds underside and back end and tail. Oh dear.

Anyway here is the first lot of pics.

Where am I?

1Sep-2005-002.jpg

now lets explore!

1Sep-2005-003.jpg

1Sep-2005-004.jpg

1Sep-2005-005.jpg

1Sep-2005-006.jpg

1Sep-2005-007.jpg

That last picture is classic.

I think that's the new pecking order in your tank. Fred the Lionhead and then Mullow. Fred is BIG! Great to see how healthy he is. Have you collected the entire fred story? Look how healthy and strong he looks now.

That's great.

Thanks gomby119 and coyote ugly :)

I should save his treatment thread to disk...great idea!

That last pic is when the chasing began, Fred has a couple of marks on tail fin so I have been watching them closely.

Mullow seems to get more aggressive in the chasing and nipping when Fred is on the right side of the tank. This is where Mullow has always hung out so I guess its a terotory thing.

Mullow was at him for a good hour but now they seem to have settled. I guess they just got to work out where they stand with each other.

YEAH!!!! (I was waiting all day, went out to dinner, and missed the whole thing)!

Luckily, you have such GREAT pix! that I feell like I was there all the time!

Fred looks absolutley fabulous! I can't believe that he is the same poor little fish of a month ago - look at him! I had no idea that he is so big! (or maybe Mullow is just smaller - as in younger - than I thought)! Mullow is quite the charmer himself!

I'm so glad that you documented all this - it will really be helpful (to me in the near future) and to many others "in future" about what to expect when introducing new fish to the tank. I'm so glad it went smoothly for you - I hope it will do with Coco! (What a relief to know that the younger generation knows who Mme. Coco is! Vive la Chanel)! Seriously, in contemplating getting a new fish, I feel much better about what to expect, how it actually may go, for having read this "diary"!

Hope it is still going well tomorrow - I'm sure it will! And thanks for the ticker tape link - it will be very helpful to me! I don't have the best memory but the amount of time I spend here, if I put what I need to remeber on a ticker -it might get done!

You are doing an amazing job! Congrats - super fishy mom!

awww thanks Graham :)

Your words are precious!

Mullow is still chasing Fred and nipping his tail but not nearly as much, I think they working out just fine.

Coco is half the size of Mullow so that is going to be interesting if he gets aggresive on her. I will have to watch them very closely when its her turn to join them.

Thanks d_golem :) Glad you liked the pic story.

Im so glad I have a camera so that I could get all this.

As for locating the thread that Fred was so sick...you can read it here:

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=33529

(warning: its VERY long) He is a real fighter to have lived.

Credit goes to Fishmerized for such a fantastic job on helping me treat him

I have to also say thanks to all the wonderful members on here :love and all the great info, it saved Fred and got him a proper home :) and some tankmates too LOL

Your pictures are great and Fred is so cute. He looks like he is really enjoying himself. It is strange how the younger/smaller fish will chase the bigger ones. I think they are just trying to find out if the new addition is edible. :lol: Don't worry, they figure it out soon enough.

Congratulations, your tank looks wonderful.

Archived