Omgomg

Guest mellowr

Guest mellowr

i cant believe it last day of winter & goldfish have layed eggs!!! i have no idea who the parents are they didnt even seem to be chasin each other :huh: i have a few questions plz any1 who can help answer! some eggs r flat or popped do i need 2 take them out??? i took a few eggs out carefully but its really difficult since its so delicate, its so easily popped. also some of the eggs that i did take out are clear while others have a lil green spot inside em like the actual unborn, does that mean the clear 1s are unfertilized??? also i dun think i can take all the eggs out its spread everywhere in the tank (82g). can i leave em in, maybe they could survive in there???i duno but the goldies dun seem to be able to eat the eggs its sticky...sorry 4 the many many questions but i really want to know, thanx

dunno if I will answer all your question, but clear eggs are the good one and will develop into fry in a few days. As for the eggs...is there a way that you can remove the items that the eggs are on?

Guest mellowr

there all over the glass, ornaments etc. i mostly only took out the eggs on the plastic plants & a few off the glass that i managed 2 not squash. thanx 4 the answer tazz knight!

Guest mellowr

oh & i hav no idea which eggs are fertilized or not....they all look pretty similar to me anymore details as to how 2 tell fertilized or not??

well, unfertilized eggs will tend to turn either white or yellow and get fuzzy growth in it

fertilized eggs will start to develop and look much like the pic that JenW has posted. you will see two black spots(fry eyes) and a black line(fry spine) developing in the eggs

BTW..you are welcome, I'm here to help and enjoy knowing that someone else gets to enjoy the excitement that I did in my first time raising fry! :heart:D

Guest mellowr

well the parents didnt eat em at all..... which was suprising, also the eggs on the bottom seemed 2 not have developed or something because they were really soft & broke with ease, probly because of the water pressure, well thats wut i think anyway

Guest mellowr

the 1s 1st took outa the tank were slow 2 develop but seem to have eyes now & the 1s around the top of the tank that i took out yesterday can clearly see the body, i think some will probly hatch soon while others take longer

Guest mellowr

well the only 2 solutions i think i can do is egg yolk & crushed pellets/flakes. when i put the eggs in into my lil tank i also scrapped some algae off the glass & now its established onto the lil tank as well. oh & i bought some frozen brine shrimp as well, although it seems way 2 big 4 just hatched frys...

if you can find it...buy a brine shrimp hatchery and some baby brine shrimp eggs...those are the best you can get for the fry...crushed egg yolk is good and maybe crushed pellets are good, but you ahve to crush them very fine. I feed my fry baby brine shrimp that I hatched in the hatcher, liquid fry food and first bites dry food.

Guest mellowr

unfortunetly i dont have those & cant get them, unless i order them online which im a bit hesitant of. the others i dont think i have seen theres not many, if any. i only have around 30 or so eggs what percentage of that do u think would survive 2 become larger than fry tazz knight??

Guest mellowr

ahhh an update the fry have all hatched! iv tried 2 feed em hard boiled egg yolk as well as crushed flakes but no idea if its eaten or not lol.

Congratulations on the hatched fry! Do they already swim freely, or are they still attached to glass and whatnot? As long as they aren't free swimming, they don't need to eat. They have a littl eggsac attached to them, from which they will feed, while they are still clinging to things.

As soon as the eggsac is used up, they start swimming and looking for food.

I apologize for being awol for about a week or so...had a lot of things going on around me. most of the fry should survive if you are tanking good care of thema dn keep water params good...

I only lost about half of the first batch around week 3-4 and the same happen with the second batch

I had not the heart to cull them, so I let nature cull for me...only liek 3 of my fish are a little deformed

Guest mellowr

dont think ill need 2 cull mine, theres only around 20 fry. do goldfish usually spawn more than once because i only got it once & didnt see any chasing behaviour

tazz, u said that ur fish is still spawning. do u mean the female immediately produce more eggs after it's released? or is it only the spawning ritual they're performing with no more eggs produced?

cheers

Archived