Vacuum?

mark

i get alot of crud on the bottom of my tank, it's a pain to clean..so i was just hoping for a suggestion for a type a vacuum..are they all the same? sorry for the newbie questions :goldfish

I just got the plain old gravel vacuum with the wider mouth at

nnnnnn. Works fine with smaller tanks. Would recommend

getting a Python for bigger tanks though.

I agree with the previous poster. For smaller tanks, the inexpensive gravel vacs available at local pet stores, nooppee, etc., are fine. I have a different one, along with a separate bucket for every tank :D

They are basically just a plastic tube attached to a piece of clear siphon hose.

• 4 weeks later...

the best thing to get is a python - then push it in the gravel - hold it there - then close the valve and move it to another spot and open the valve - during all this- water is coming out of the tank.

• 1 month later...
Guest ahoycatfish

I have two vaccumes, one that is battery opperated and one that takes water out. I use the one that takes out the water about every 1 and a half weeks, and I use the other one to keep it clean between water changes.

Really, you don't have to buy a siphon, just get a hose and cut it into a long piece without the nozzle, stick one end in a bucket, put the other in the water, stick the other end in your mouth and inhale until water flows. Stick it in the bucket and hold the other end in the water. Voila.

Archived