Yes! We Have Fry!

Fire_Wolf

:rofl Scott! I've already got two I'm going to keep a eye on that just might be promising! One has a black tancho spot and another has a black lightening bolt pattern.... I think they will be showa's (look red,black & white) as I can see the red & black pretty well! One I have seen is possibly a Kohaku. That black lightening bolt got me though, this one is much larger by a good half inch or better then the ones I have been seeing. Fast grower I think.

It will be interesting for sure to see how they develope out! :D

CU,

Some do, some don't. I've heard of some eating the fry anyway, but mostly its the egg's. Mine don't seem to be fry snackers but I'm sure they had lots of egg's.

I'll try to add more pics as they grow.

When you said that you may have showa that reminded me of a question I've been wondering about. I have a horrible time with my kohaku and sanke keeping the red. I am sure it's the water, or I think ;) . Do the showa loose the red as well?

Yup Scott, its possible! :( Sometimes its in the breeding, bloodlines. Sometimes if the color is weak to begin with... Most look for "depth" in the red. Bonnie bought two showa's, brother and sister. The male lost the hi, the female did not.

Terri had a very nice 400.00 Goromo that just recently lost all its color.....

Its sort of one of those 1 in % bloodline wise that it (bloodline) crops up in. Most folk that seem to loose certain colors seems to be a water issue for some reason that I read.

I'm one of those that has good water P's, not too low, not too high, fresh water source etc. My gh & kh run minimum & steady... :D

Just reading through some of the experts posts helps one learn how to really look beyond the fish itself and look at the color. I may not alway's agree with some of the experts considering the "purists" politics.... but they can teach us how to pick fish regardless wether its longfin or Standard fins! :rofl

Archived