In For A Loop! Help!?

armywf

Ok. So my father in laws fishy is having a few problems... sadly, it seems that my father-in-law and I are the only ones worried...

Nemo (the fish) is a lionhead. He is currently enjoying quite a few adventures on his side, at the top of the tank... What I mean is, it seems that every time I look at the fish he is on his side.. Floating. But not a "I'm about to die", kind of float. Its a "Im too lazy to stay upright" kind of float. If I put my finger up to the side of his tank, he pulls himself together and goes on hi s merry little fishy way.

I told my father to start soaking his food, in the case that it might be swim bladder. But that does not seem to be helping... at all. <_<

Please help! I dont want Nemo to die. My father loves him. Thank you for your time.

JO

i would say give him a few days. fast him for a couple of days and feed him nothing but peas for another couple of days, that kinda "cleanse" his system. if that doesn't work, wait for more expert opinion :D i'm kinda new to GF also.

Hi Armywf - I wanted to tell you two things:

1) The fish could be sick, in which case you should post this in Disease and Diagnosis forum - they are really great there and someone with lots of fish experience will help and stay with you throughout treatment

2) Your fish could just be weird! Does he live alone? I just wanted to tell you, since you describe this swimming as lacsidasical and not apparently medical, that my fish (solo in a 20g) has become playful, like a single child. He does head stands, body surfs the bubble wall - backwards, frontwards, and upside down - sometimes he swims diagonally accross the tank while spiraling.... hmmm - I have been trying to get that on video for a while. He seems to have recently mastered the black flip... all this is very confusing to a newbie mom! He is is not physical distress, no signs of illness, all is well in the water, eats great and poops great - so I can only conclude, I have a weird fish!

I should rather say that he is clever anbd talented as he finds pleasurable ways to avoid boredom - I mean, what else can it be?

So, maybe you have genius GF, too! :exactly

Please write in the Disease and Diagnosis forum right away if you discover any changes in this situation!

Remember, there is a 911 section if it is really urgent!

Best wishes! :heart

He does head stands, body surfs the bubble wall - backwards, frontwards, and upside down - sometimes he swims diagonally accross the tank while spiraling.... hmmm - I have been trying to get that on video for a while.  He seems to have recently mastered the black flip...  all this is very confusing to a newbie mom! He is is not physical distress, no signs of illness, all is well in the water, eats great and poops great - so I can only conclude, I have a weird fish!

386299[/snapback]

lol back flips?? spirals?? :rofl i wish my fishies can do that :lol:

Archived