Carbon Confusion

Guest shygirl0787

Guest shygirl0787

Ok, I only have a five gallon tank with one goldfish at the moment, but I was reading a few posts about adding carbon into filters and was wondering two things. 1) Should I be adding carbon to my filter regularly because I dont at all, and 2) how do you do this if that is the case. :huh: Thanks for any help! :)

The filter I bought came with little packets of carbon to put inside the bag portion of the filter. You can also buy carbon in little cartons. But, like Chico said, we need to know what kind of filter you have in order to give better advice.

Guest shygirl0787

My 5 gallon tank has a bio wheel filter system, and I also have a small 3 gallon tank with a Tetra filter and bag cartridges

You don't have to use carbon in your tank unless you're trying to remove meds. Up to you! (I have most of mine now without carbon - it is much more expensive & I can't tell the difference. Some memebers have said it makes a difference in smell but I can't smell my tanks so I haven't used it in a long time.)

:D

Guest JustJayde

I took my carbon out and my fish seems to have more energy etc. Water is cleaner looking too. You have people on both sides of the camp on this site lol

Archived