Tropical Fish Variety

Guest ckolstad

Guest ckolstad

The place I got my fish from said you can keep all tropicals together. Is that true? I've been reading otherwise on the forum. Please help me. I'd really like to know the truth about things. Thank you.

Guest mickey85

no you can't. For instance, a 10" oscar is a very aggressive, large cichlid that will beat the he!! out of pretty much anyone you put in with it. Then you have the 1" long neon tetra. Think about that. Look at compatibilities. Check out www.liveaquaria.com and do research on what fish are compatible with what.

Guest ckolstad

all of them are non aggressive. Thanks for the site. I'm not totally sure on some of their names though. Will that be a problem?

Guest mickey85

they may all be nonagressive, but some are fast and will bother the slower ones, some school, so you would need at least 3, some need high current, some need no current, some will nip fins, no matter how peaceful they are, etc.

and, just remember...fish take advantage of a situation. No matter whether they're peaceful or not, if they see food swimming around in the tank, they're gonna eat it.

Maybe getting some tank shots will help us to identify them for you, or you could go back to the petstore and write down what you bought. I'm sure the assistant could help you out.

There are lots of fish that can go in a community and i hope you were sold that type of fish.

Archived