Black Moor

Guest ckolstad

Guest ckolstad

My black moor's eye is white and glossy. Could he have cut it on something? He also sits at the bottom of the tank almost motionless. Is that normal?

No - it could be due to a bacterial infection or something in the water.

Would you be able to answer as many of the questions in the white box as possible? It'll help narrow down possible causes.

Please post back soon :)

Look at the box at the top of this page. It asks for water parameter, tank size, water additives, unusual behavior, other fish in tank, how long tanks been running, etc. It helps everyone answer your questions more thoroughly if we know whats going on in the tank. :)

Ok maybe not the top of this page but the top of the page when you get into the disease forum and choose diagnosis and discussion. ;)

Guest ckolstad

I don't know much, I kinda just jumped into having fish. I do know the tank is 30 long and I believe it's about 25 gallons. I have five other fish and the happen to be tropical. I was told my black moor was tropical as well. So he's been eating tropical flakes. I've had the tank for a week. My husband says that the moor's eye was like that when we got him. He just told me that. So, I'm sorry if I've wasted your time. ty.

My BlackMoor's eye looks to be a little cloudy too. But Moors are Cold water fish not Tropical. so this could be a factor into it's problem. For my fish I'm considering adding some antibacterial solution to my tank to see if this helps but like you i'm new to fish keeping and don't really know what to do for the best.

Sorry i couldn't help you in your problem :(

Did you just recently put him in? Do a large water change? Or anything else that may be of big stress to him? I think their eyes tend to get foggy/cloudy when they are really stressed. Being that he is in a tank with fish that he shouldnt be with could be why he is stressed or your water quality may be poor.

I would buy a test kit and test your water and if you can get him into a seperate 10g+ tank where he is not with tropicals.

My moore got cloudy eye when I did a 100% water change bc he was so stressed, he also was at the bottom motionless for about 12 hours. Than he adjusted and the eye cleared up and he started swimming normally.

I would wait a little while and see if the eye clears on its own before treating with any medication. If things get any worse or there is any other symptoms than I would go ahead with treatment. This is my experience, hope it helps.

first of all any info from the red box will help

second of all...blackmoors are not tropical

they cloudy eyes can be water quality issuse or PH issus or bacterial

We need the info in the box to determine the cause, otherwise its a guessing game.

Archived