Chocolate Charlie The Oranda

Guest VanillaOranda

Guest VanillaOranda

Hey, I was just wondering, my "chocolate oranda" doesnt have a wen... I bought him as a 1.5inch chocolate oranda at my pet store and now he's grown to 2 inches and... still no head growth... is it normal? will he grow one? I don't mind if he doesn't, he's awfully pretty! :heart

What a cute name for a choco oranda!! I have one too, his name is CB---Cocoa Bean.

I have learned that most chocolate orandas have very little head growth, it seems it is in the genes.

I had always wondered about mine (his wen is very small) and Koko told me that this was common.

So enjoy that little brown buddy anyways.

Yeah I heard that about blue orandas too, that they dont get much headgrowth. Mine is two inches now and Im still waiting!!! Maybe it just takes a little longer to kick in with those specific colors.

Guest VanillaOranda

meh, I don't mind at all, I REALLY :heart love my babeh :) he's my favirte, but dont tell the others :krazy:

as for pics... maybe if I get my friend with a digital camera, but for the moment im a poor college student :D

I have a Red Oranda, Big Boy......he's a super fish (the star of my tank) I don't think he'll ever have a lot of wren growth. I have had him awhile but I don't notice any new growth. But that's ok by me!! :exactly

Actually some of them that have the gigantic headgrowth kinda creep me out! :blink:

But that's just me!

neither my blue oranda or chocolate oranda got much of a wen. I dont know what the deal is but I hope that in the future that issue can be corrected...would be nice to have one with a huge wen like my other two orandas

Archived