Oh No!

Apoc88

I woke up this morning and checked on my fishes and my lionhead had his left eye guaged. right now there is a block spot there with a hole where the eye use to be. i'm not sure what caused it but i suspect its a seashell and the hostility of my other fish for they are constantly chasing it for no reason. they are not breeding that's for sure. so sad.... :crp

I'm so sorry! What a thing to wake up to! That seems to happen a little more often than you would think. They heal really quickley from it though, make sure you salt the tank just to be sure to ward of any infection. Other than that just keep you eye on him/her and make sure she's adapting well with her new handicap.

By the way I forgot to mention, if you have some agressive fish you may want to consider seperating them. Especially now that one of them is impaired. If it has been continuous, and they are not breeding as you say, you may just have an agressive fish. I'm assuming that they are all goldies? And if so what type? Sometimes the commons can bully the fancies. For some reason they tend to be more aggressive...let us know...

Sorry to hear about your fish, I am going to move your thread to the diagnosis area. This way it will be concentrated on.

In the meantime, please post your params of the tank and so forth. (just as the box above asks).

Good water quality will help him to heal fine, but you may want to add a medicated food as well. Medigold or Metromed from Goldfish connection (online) will work well.

i have a 72gal with 2 ryukins, a black moor and 2 lionheads. the ryukins are the ones being very hostile but only to the one lionhead that was hurt. i don't really know why because they have had many other tank mates and didn't hurt or even chased them in anyway. the only thin gi can think of is size. my ryukins are about 6 inches each and the lionhead that was hurt is about 3 inches. but the other fish in the tank are also around that too so i don't know.

Archived